Sign in to follow this  
crimtye

[Really Annoying] Acceleration Height

Hi,

I have an issue with my NGX. :mellow: My acceleration height is set to 800 feet AGL (Standard setting in the TUIFLY livery) but when I take off and reach 800 ft AGL the speed bug continues to display V2+20. I am operating no differently than normal, and my last NGX flight (EHAM-LOWI, same livery) went fine. I have tried to take off from LOWI 3 times, each time with the same result. If I retract my flaps anyway, it keeps the 737 at 215 kias.

ukvcu6q1iwej.jpg

(Please click to enlarge)

As you can see, the FMC says that it is anticipating acceleration height (215/FLAP for speed restriction)

Can anyone enlighten me on what I might have done wrong?

If you have VNAV armed for departure and you have 800 in the Accel, EO Accel and Clmb thrust setting on FMC takeoff page 2/2 then it should work.

If you have VNAV armed for departure and you have 800 in the Accel, EO Accel and Clmb thrust setting on FMC takeoff page 2/2 then it should work.

Thanks, will try that now

Well, according to the charts and the SID ADILO1j RWY 08 you seem to have programed, it says:

"MNM Climb:

8,8% until Do OEJ thererafter 6,5% until completion of turn.

Routening:

Continue along LOC OEJ 067° - at D0 OEJ turn right (MAX 165kt, MNM bank 25°) to INN - ADILO."

so i guess you have a speed restriction in your programed SID....

liketofly

In your screenshot the FMC is indicating "215/FLAPS" which would be a flap speed restriction, although your flaps do indicate up. Are you by chance using external hardware for your flap lever? Something is out of sync.

In your screenshot the FMC is indicating "215/FLAPS" which would be a flap speed restriction, although your flaps do indicate up. Are you by chance using external hardware for your flap lever? Something is out of sync.

It's ok. Speed restriction was lower, but then flaps were retracted. So FMC had nothing to do but to set minimum safe speed - CMS here.