Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 1/19/13 - Over the Hump

We move from waterfalls to high peaks with today's aerocache. Don't forget to lean your mixture.

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

This was a fun flight and some really fantastic scenery. Once again I love the shadows cast by the mountains. After collecting the aerocache I did a high altitude landing at 19,000 feet plus to collect the airborne mountaineer achievement award. And while I was there anyway, I trekked up to the top, what a view! I took off over the edge, what a drop off. I think it is really neat how the snow covered peaks run into a green lush landscape at the lower altitudes. Finale approach into Anchorage. Very enjoyable.

Steve

I am an old FSX fan that jumped the gun when Flight came out. I went ahead and reinstalled it yesterday and gave it another look. Boy was I blown away by Alaskan Wilderness Pack. I purchased that and flew the Hump. Well if that is all that I did I would be happy. What an experience. I started with low settings and went all the way up to high and had no problem. The scenery is fantastic. I for one would be willing to pay for state or regional add on packs if it could ever happen. Oh and thanks to Microsoft for the Free Resources for Flight. Air1 that was awesome photos that you left(actually help me find the aero cache) thanks for the info and pics. I sure would like a better idea of where you landed at at 19000 ft though. Thanks Again,

Old Flyer

Thanks dlhuck, That is why I do it. A picture is worth a thousand words. I for one really never left MSFLIGHT. Once people see what FLIGHT can actuality look like they are blown away. I tried to go back to FSX but FLIGHT just has the feeling of 'being there' that a old RT pilot like me appreciates. I also have aeroflyFS and I see a lot of potential there also. They have big plans and it will be something to watch.

Not having spent piles of money for add-ons to keep FSX looking good as a lot of people have it is not hard for me to let go. I am just a GA guy that would rather hand fly in the low and slow realm and have no need for a auto pilot thou there are times when it could be handy in Alaska. Any way I digrees, glad you liked the screen shots. By the way, the Carbon Cub can land just about anywhere!

Steve