Sign in to follow this  
mike stryczek

Rick Piper Chipmunk V3 in DX10

In DX10 Rick Piper Chipmunk has all white textures including instruments

is there a fix ?

happy landings

mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

Two answers, Mike, as I have no idea which version you have:

Here is the Chippie, with .dds textures, Bernte Stolle .airfile, aircraft.cfg and extra sound packs.

All the best!

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Doesn't work for me, using the 3.0 Chippie above with the 3.2.2 shader patch I get an Albino plane and cockpit!

Sad as the Chippie was the first r/l plane I ever flew...

Paul,

Are you saying I need to go back to 3.2.1 shader?

Cheers

Keith

Same with me, Keith, but - yes - 3.2.1 should fix it.. 3.2.2 is the same patch with that part removed, as Steve is putting that into a more comprehensive application - like AddonConverterX.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Doesn't work for me, using the 3.0 Chippie above with the 3.2.2 shader patch I get an Albino plane and cockpit!

Sad as the Chippie was the first r/l plane I ever flew...

Paul,

Are you saying I need to go back to 3.2.1 shader?

Cheers

Keith

I've had the same problems so bought addonconverter x and all shows up fine now on the Chippie. It's one of my favourite addons for FSX and the first "real" aircraft I ever flew solo.

I wouldn't recommend the updated airfile or aircraft.cfg. IMO the original is perfectly realistic.

But seeing you're also an ex chippie flyer see what you think!

Regards,

Adam

yes - 3.2.1 should fix it

OK thanks, sounds like 3.2.1 is more functional than 3.2.2...

seeing you're also an ex chippie flyer see what you think

Sadly its a looooooong time ago...

Cheers

Keith

Hellow, Keith:

I found that Rick's original would almost never spin, and had almost no performance figures which would match the book. The one thing that the f/s Chippie did well, was the Falling Leaf, and this, along with the wing-drop at the stall was not replicate-able (??) in Rick's version. I note that I have added an .airfile and cfg along with the zipfile, but don't remember why. I'll see which version I'm using and take a look at those. Maybe they shouldn't be there!

.... and as you say - "Sadly its a loooooooong time ago" - and even longer in my case!

Lovely aircraft.

'later,

Paul

The big zip seems to have all the updates, feels fine to me, I'll try the original.

I went back to DX9 rather than unravel the 322 DX10 fixes, wanted to check a few scenery anomalies anyway.

My last Chippie flight was 14/10/1972, in WP929 - I'll be impressed if you can beat that!

There is a WP924 texture ... might try my hand at repainting!

Cheers

Keith

:lol:

First flight RAF Shawbury, 1956 or '57., maybe 12 yrs old, Air Scouts , followed by a number of flights at camp with the ATC - but have no recollection of numbers, Keith! ...and I'm impressed with your memory!

OK I'm officially impressed!

Not my memory though, still got my ATC form 3822, so cheating a bit.

First flight Coltishall, 1970, aged 14 years and 1 day, most of my flights were at Shawbury too though.

Have you got the ESI Shawbury scenery, its excellent, though modern period.

Apologies to the DX10 readers, drifting off topic...

To get back to DX10, the Shawbury scenery has just one big terrain square that's brightly lit at night, which I think is a DX10 issue.

Is there a way to hunt down the errant texture and convert it?

Cheers,

Keith

:lol:

First flight RAF Shawbury, 1956 or '57., maybe 12 yrs old, Air Scouts , followed by a number of flights at camp with the ATC - but have no recollection of numbers, Keith! ...and I'm impressed with your memory!

My first Chippie flight was with the ATC at North Weald age 15, I daren't say the year..

Hellow, Keith:

I found that Rick's original would almost never spin, and had almost no performance figures which would match the book. The one thing that the f/s Chippie did well, was the Falling Leaf, and this, along with the wing-drop at the stall was not replicate-able (??) in Rick's version. I note that I have added an .airfile and cfg along with the zipfile, but don't remember why. I'll see which version I'm using and take a look at those. Maybe they shouldn't be there!

.... and as you say - "Sadly its a loooooooong time ago" - and even longer in my case!

Lovely aircraft.

'later,

That's interesting! Is the above link with the updated cfg air files? If so I'll give it a try again.

Adam

Here is the Chippie, with .dds textures,

That's the one, way above.

What radio stations do you broadcast on?...I'll listen out.

Cheers

Keith

That's the one, way above.

What radio stations do you broadcast on?...I'll listen out.

Cheers

Keith

Excellent thanks Keith.

At the moment I'm doing the travel news every afternoon and evening on LBC in London and BBC 3CR in Beds/Bucks/Herts (from the safety of a studio..weather is too bad for any flying..!)

Cheers,

Adam

I tried the v3 chippie with DDS textures but for some reason the aeroplane appears semi transparent in DX10.

Also those alternative sounds are awful. Much prefer the original IMHO.