Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

What is the best add on for planes at gates

I have FSX on a really good machine. All my gates are empty or have the default planes in them. (The only gates with real liveries) are with my FSDream Scenery.

I want to just add real liveries to the gates at all airports. I never had luck with Ultimate Traffic - but I have version 1.

It was too cmplicated to get plnes at the gates.

I noticed most add ons are now old. I see Flight X and UT2. Probably more.

So what is the best add on to just add planes with real liveries at the gates. I don't want anything too complicated.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Gugliotta

I use the latest mytraffic programme. Good on frames, plenty planes, military too, install and fly.

-Iain Watson-

I've always been happy with World-of-AI. Their installation couldn't be simpler. Great looking planes. Realized I hadn't updated and of their packages since 2008! So I went over to their site and d/l everything I could get my hands on before they go away April 1st. Check 'em out.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I use Ultimate Traffic 2. Its models are decent, its schedules seem realistic (I once encountered a flight I had ridden in real life!) and its performance impact is relatively small. I was able to run UT2 on my old 2008 Apple iMac at 100% traffic density without suffering frame rate losses of over 20%.

There is no perfect traffic addon, but I've settled on MyTraffic X Professional. I like that it has a lot of cargo and military aircraft as well as regular airlines and GA. It performes very well in terms of volume/fps. Downside is that the quality of many of the liveries and models are poor and outdated. I just flew in Norway and Scandinavian Airlines has wrongly been painted with beige fuselages, and the Widerøe's livery is pre 2002.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Hi Paul,

Are you thinking static planes? That is something I would like to do as well... Without having to add 100% AI traffic etc... Is there a program that does that?

Jeff

Hi Paul,

Are you thinking static planes? That is something I would like to do as well... Without having to add 100% AI traffic etc... Is there a program that does that?

Jeff

There is a program called "STATIC AIRCRAFT .mdl MAKER ("SAMM")" by Don Grovestine that does that. It will turn most AI models in to static aircraft that you can place in scenery with ADE. I have used it to place a few aircraft (example - parked Mexicana aircraft at MMMX after they shut down) but I think with would be a pain to do a whole airport, let alone multiple airports. The AI route is much easier.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Thanks for the advice. Despite looking around, I never heard of those addons. Now I know. That's what is so good about this site.

I will choose 1 today and upload.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Gugliotta

I use UT2. I tried My Traffic (I think it was 5.2b) and the models in my view were hideous. World of AI was great for FS9, but they are FS9 native models with poor performance in FSX. They are downright incompatible with some add-on aircraft if you want to use such a simple thing as aircraft shadows. As best as I can tell, most of the UT2 models are the same AIA, PIA, TFS models used by World of AI, but it looks like UT2 did the work to convert them as needed to FSX textures, etc.

Eric Szczesniak

I use Airnav FS Live Traffic 3.( http://www.airnavsystems.com/fs/ ) it is a subscription based program that renews every 3 months.Every flight, delay, extra flight will show up live. You just start a program that downloads all north american flight data from their servers and it creates a traffic scenery file. AVSIM also did a review on it ( http://www.avsim.com/pages/0410/AirNavSystems/FSLive.htm ). this program put the airlines at the corroect gates in the real world and also in the air. i have gone on flightaware and checked airlines that were around me in the sim and in real life they were relatively close to my current position in the air.