Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skiboj

Made some progress on the 737

FANTASTIC. How many computers do you run it on?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

One question... how did you get the wife to let you set this up in the garage where the cars sleep?

FANTASTIC. How many computers do you run it on?

Two now. If I move to xplane it will be three

One question... how did you get the wife to let you set this up in the garage where the cars sleep?

Three car garage, when we built I added the third bay for my toys

Didn't get as far as I would have liked. There's a lot of switches and annunciators to wire....

image-1_zpsb7a7eeee.jpg

image-1_zpsf19d5389.jpg

Can't watch this. Makes me want to spend too much money :P Seriously, looks like a really nice build.

Can't watch this. Makes me want to spend too much money :P Seriously, looks like a really nice build.

lol Just what I was thinking!

Great looking. The best frame I have seen.

Odd question: what are you going to skin the frame with? And where did you get those nice arcing beams that have the holes in them?

Or are they wood - because they look like metal.

Asking because you gave me some ideas on a camper I want to make.

Again stunning work. Professional grade.

I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU!!! that seriously looks amazing!!! What are the computer specs and how many computers are you running for this system??

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

Great looking. The best frame I have seen.

Odd question: what are you going to skin the frame with? And where did you get those nice arcing beams that have the holes in them?

Or are they wood - because they look like metal.

Asking because you gave me some ideas on a camper I want to make.

Again stunning work. Professional grade.

Its actually the old wooden shell that Flightdeck Solutions used to sell before they moved to the metal one. Picked it up second hand from a guy that moved on to the new version and was nice enough to deliver it. Comes apart in 5 pieces now to make it a bit easier to move.

I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU!!! that seriously looks amazing!!! What are the computer specs and how many computers are you running for this system??

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

Most of the PFD/ND EICAS displays are driven off an old Dell i5 refurb.

The visuals are currently on an i5-3570K @ 4.2, 8GB, GTX680. I have two more of those mostly built up for when I switch to Xplane 10 (as soon as ProSim has working Avionics for it).

Cool. Nice specs

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

I see alot of simmers are switching to bigscreens, might be a future upgrade in my world.

Especially with those curved OLED screens produced by Samsung and LG!

Really nice shots!

Awesome setup...Jealous :wink:

..... holy dolly, this is awesome ..I like the 3 Big screen Plasma setup, are you using TH2GO ?????

And this is why I love the Home Cockpit Builders forum!  I would love to have a project like this, maybe in several years when I've saved up the funds to get started!

..... holy dolly, this is awesome ..I like the 3 Big screen Plasma setup, are you using TH2GO ?????

Thanks!

No TH2G, using a GTX680 to drive it all, but will be moving to 3 PC's for the visuals shortly (one left to build).  Plan on moving to XP10 with this.

I recieved the Electric and Cabin Alt displays yesterday and have wired those into the panel, also got Ander's starter switches and a phidgets relay board, so will work on installing that this weekend and buttoning up the overhead so I can get back to flying.

..what's the impact on performance (FPS Etc), I'M running 42" Plasma on GTX560ti, with 1 computer, considering adding 2 more monitors to cover at list 180Deg, but kind of worry about overloading the CPU & the GPU ...

Cheers !

Yair  

With settings comparable to Word Not Allowed's list (or whatever they are calling it now that they kicked hom off of here), and running 5760 x 1080, I'm getting teens on the ground, sometimes as low as 11 with DreamTeam airports.  Once airborne, its at the limiter (30) quickly. 

Keep in mind though I don't run any panels on my screens.

PC is i5-3570K, now at 4.2, 8GB DDR3

Made some progress on the overhead today. A few tweaks left to go

4065B741-E6A6-429B-95C4-50C5A333C1DC-297

0BE715BF-0492-4E40-93A2-C7567FA080BC-287

59593CB0-B1CE-484A-A223-7EC51330365C-297

Simply beautiful!!!  Looks great!!!

A brilliant Cockpit, im jelouse though you may want some chocks on the rudder pedals and a cushion on the seat for the little pilot..

Fantastic build.

Guss.

How difficult is it to use separate systems to run the sim and third party software?