Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

c90 and b200 guage clarity

Ive looked around and cannot find the answer so Im sorry if i am asking something that has been asked

On both of the noted planes I find it very hard to read the vc gauges. The just are not clear. Im running a gtx 580 and im sure its not my graphics card. I have aa set to antio in program. frames are good so perhaps i should pump up the aa in inspector. Thoughts

Pete

Hi Pete,

I am using an old school GTX285 (don´t know the exact driver numbers) and have very clear and sharp gauges in these planes. I use dx9 and nVidia Inspector and set it up by the various found instructions found on avsim forums (Nick Needham).

Are you using a grafixtool like the "Injector tool" or enb-mod ... as there could be set some parameters that could cause a blurring effect ... e.g. the "Injector Tool" causes unsharp gauges in my case in these KingAirs, so I do not move these.

Just a thought!

I read the VC gauges on my old 1024x768 monitor and they are very clear.

Pete,

Can you post screen shots?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Guys thanks for the replys, I am running a 580gtx and inspector ( cant remember my aa setting) but in the vc things are not clear on the gauges.

The gauges have to be very close ( or zoomed in ) to be really clear. Now one thing is that my eyes are not perfect so it might be me and my glasses ! It may be a simple as that. In other news! ..... since i posted this topic i had a hard drive crash and im re-buildling my fsx again from scratch and maybe this time it will be better. When i get it up and running again ill past a pic or two. Thanks again.

Pete

You need Super Sample AA. Most other modes get garbled lines unless zoomed in close enough. I'll try to post some from my ATI 6950 2GB card. I use 4x SSAA (ATI has no hybrids of MS and SS).

Charles.

You need Super Sample AA. Most other modes get garbled lines unless zoomed in close enough. I'll try to post some from my ATI 6950 2GB card. I use 4x SSAA (ATI has no hybrids of MS and SS).

Charles.

CVEARL i am using a nvid 580gtx. any thoughts on 2xaass 4xaass??

Peter

CVEARL i am using a nvid 580gtx. any thoughts on 2xaass 4xaass??

Peter

Not sure I have not had to muck with Inspector as I moved to ATI 2 years ago. I just set and forget in the Control Panel CCC.

I set 4xAA STANDARD and type is Super Sample.

16xAF

I forgot to post up a shot of my Panel in the B200 at these settings. Clear as crystal are the gauges for me from all zooms and distances.

C.

Not sure I have not had to muck with Inspector as I moved to ATI 2 years ago. I just set and forget in the Control Panel CCC.

I set 4xAA STANDARD and type is Super Sample.

16xAF

I forgot to post up a shot of my Panel in the B200 at these settings. Clear as crystal are the gauges for me from all zooms and distances.

C.

Thanks Ill give it a try

OK sorry it took me so long. I dont have nVidia so this is onty where ATI is concerned. I have a 2GB 6950. Might try an nVidia card on my next refresh. I like new experiences. Keeps things fresh. But I have been happy with this card. Although. Pattern Work at KSEA in overcast in my JS4100 with FSX maxed is less than smooth. Not sure ANY card can fix that.

You have to click them to see the details here in full screen. In the embedded images they will look garbled. These are RAW V captures saved as JPEGS and uploaded.u7KkN.jpg

2N0Km.jpg

tbSgL.jpg

m62lp.jpg