Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Help: All aircraft missing FSX

When I load up the sim I get

'Aircraft initialisation failure.

Air Creation582sl red.

When I go onto free flight, I can see absolutely no aircraft.

Kinda worried about this one ;)

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Anyone have anything for me~? I just uninstalled acceleration, repaired FSX with the dvd discs.

Still same issue.

Alex Ridge

I would say you tried to save a flight somewhere using another aircraft and the flight plan got corrupted. You probably should delete that saved flight and bring back the default trike.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The Air Creation 582SL is the trike that starts with the default flight. There is also a red version. Maybe something went wrong with these aircraft files. Can you try to start with another aircraft ? or go into your saved flights folder and start another flight from there by clicking on the file ?

According to Microsoft - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx - this error "indicates that some essential files are missing from the aircraft container. If the files are missing, the aircraft will not usually be displayed in the Select Aircraft dialog box; as a result, this error is rare." Can't really provide an accurate fix. Perhaps the logbook in your MyDocuments/Fsx Files is corrupt. There's a program called FSXLog here in the AVSIM Library that can check and fix any corruption OR you can delete it and it will be rebuilt but you will lose any missions you flew.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I would say you tried to save a flight somewhere using another aircraft and the flight plan got corrupted. You probably should delete that saved flight and bring back the default trike.

Best regards,

Jim

The Air Creation 582SL is the trike that starts with the default flight. There is also a red version. Maybe something went wrong with these aircraft files. Can you try to start with another aircraft ? or go into your saved flights folder and start another flight from there by clicking on the file ?

According to Microsoft - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx - this error "indicates that some essential files are missing from the aircraft container. If the files are missing, the aircraft will not usually be displayed in the Select Aircraft dialog box; as a result, this error is rare." Can't really provide an accurate fix. Perhaps the logbook in your MyDocuments/Fsx Files is corrupt. There's a program called FSXLog here in the AVSIM Library that can check and fix any corruption OR you can delete it and it will be rebuilt but you will lose any missions you flew.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi guys,

The issue is I cannot select ANY of my aircraft, so I cannot see them..

Maybe if I delete the whole files in the my documents FSX files, it may do it

Alex Ridge

Hi guys,

The issue is I cannot select ANY of my aircraft, so I cannot see them..

Maybe if I delete the whole files in the my documents FSX files, it may do it

Nope,

I uninstalled FSX, and reinstalled it [files in tact] and it worked for a a couple of boots, and then same issue..

Alex Ridge

When your system fails after a couple of succesfull starts ( as I understand) what is the aircraft type that you start with ? Outside your FSX installation there are the saved and default flight files. I do not know what OS you use but it would be somewhere in users/your name/documents etc. Could it be that there is a flight that you saved and that is not replaced by the default installation that is corrupt ?

I have this same issue: I start fsx and it resets my settings to default and when I press "Free Flight" there are no aircraft to choose from. I need solutions!

I have this same issue: I start fsx and it resets my settings to default and when I press "Free Flight" there are no aircraft to choose from. I need solutions!

The solutions are listed above.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Another solution could be doing a restore option to the date where everything worked before

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I  had this problem and solved it easily 

Just delete the files in   C/…/Documents/FSX   or   C/…/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX    or both  .

Open then FSX and wait a little bit till it generates new files and bom , problem solved without losing any planes or sceneries that existed before the error , you only lose your setting configurations and your logbook and history of missions done .

( Maybe in Documents/FSX there's only a few files you could just delete and have your settings and logbook also saved after the error is resolved , but I don't know which ones so I deleted all )

Since the problem has been solved years ago I am locking this topic.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: