Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GodAtum

CP Flight or Go Flight for PMDG?

I currently fly the PMDG 737NGX. I'm looking for a affordable, quick and easy P&P solution for and MCP and EFIS. CP EL series is £509 for the MCP and £201 for the EFIS. The GF is £300 for the MCP and £180 for the EFIS. I'm not looking to build a perfect replica I just need something that will help me fly without clicking mouse buttons! It also needs to be future proof when the PMDG 777 or 787 are released.

Later I plan to add a Saitek radio panel and an FMC.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you're not looking for replica or or scale, then Vrinsight's MCP is probably a better jack of all trades. CP MCPs are alittle more on the high end compared to a comparable Opencockpits MCP. Goflight is similiar, but smaller and with a few more capabilities (SPD/ALT Int) that the other two don't offer. As long as PMDG continues to release SDKs then they all should work for future projects.

Been looking at the manuals, GF seems less steps and scripting to get working plus I like the look of their config program! Opencockpits and VRinsight are cheap but looks like you need a computing degree lol. their MCP is £289 and EFIS £120. VRinsight MCP combo is £373.

It depends what you want to do in the future...

Cp flight is the best in terms of scale and look/feel.

If you plan to build a home cockpit cp flight is IMO the way to go as you can connect it with their MIP and flyengravity parts.

I have it and i'm very happy with it.

If you don't plan to make a home cockpit doesn't make sense to invest so much money and with the VR insight or opencockpits you can have almost all in one option for a desktop.

Think properly what you want to build because is addictive (and expensive).

I also planned to have a simple sim-pit and I finished to build a home cockpit that I fill-up every now and then (subject to wife approval...)

Cheers