Sign in to follow this  
captain420

EZdok camera or something similar for X-Plane 10?

Pilotview works flawlessly.

X-camera crashes 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Pilotview works flawlessly.

X-camera crashes 

Can you tell me a little more about the problem you are experiencing with X-Camera. What version of X-Camera do you have, also what versions of X-Plane and on what OS.

There are quite a few people using 1.0 now with no issues so I'd love to get to the bottom of any problems you are having. You can contact us directly if you wish at Support@StickandRudderStudios.com

Thanks for your efforts Mark.

Literally the one biggie from FSX I miss all the time in X-Plane is Ezdok. Is there any way to dampen out the mouse view control (when you hold down the right mouse button to look around) so you get those lovely slow cinematic movements as you do in Ezdok? X-Plane has great frame rates on my machine but that isn't flattered by the mouse view, which is only as smooth as I can manage to move the mouse around. Ezdok has the ability to dampen out those movements so even a ham fisted user can glide around as if on rails. Can X-Plane do this?  

I'm not sure what version of X-Camera you have but I did end up dampening the mouse move more in one of the versions. I can make this configurable if you want so you can dampen it as much as you like.

I have a Q&A area on www.StickandRudderStudios where you can submit these ideas. People can vote on them so I have a feel for which new features I should do first. After trying X-Camera 1.0, if you still feel more mouse looking dampening would be helpful add a question there and I'll get to it.

Can you tell me a little more about the problem you are experiencing with X-Camera. What version of X-Camera do you have, also what versions of X-Plane and on what OS.

There are quite a few people using 1.0 now with no issues so I'd love to get to the bottom of any problems you are having. You can contact us directly if you wish at Support@StickandRudderStudios.com

Yep.

I am using the latest X-camera with XPX and Win 7 64 bit and on linux but I have not tried X-camera as yet on Linux, I am using Linux only for X plane 10 as it provides better performance. If I use Ctrl+ any arrows it crashes the sim.  I use Facetracknoir usually just face tracking don't like to use the 3 point clip. 

Hey Mark, very good job! Works fine, imho better the Pilot View (old). I rapidly used X Camera and can optimize my camera views and my trackir into VC.

Confess I scroll rapidly user manual, so is it possible to set a new camera using the mouse to fine tuning it, like in EZCA?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I'm not sure what version of X-Camera you have but I did end up dampening the mouse move more in one of the versions. I can make this configurable if you want so you can dampen it as much as you like.

I have a Q&A area on www.StickandRudderStudios where you can submit these ideas. People can vote on them so I have a feel for which new features I should do first. After trying X-Camera 1.0, if you still feel more mouse looking dampening would be helpful add a question there and I'll get to it.

If you could make this configurable that would be amazing. I shall submit the request to your website.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Yep.

I am using the latest X-camera with XPX and Win 7 64 bit and on linux but I have not tried X-camera as yet on Linux, I am using Linux only for X plane 10 as it provides better performance. If I use Ctrl+ any arrows it crashes the sim.  I use Facetracknoir usually just face tracking don't like to use the 3 point clip. 

When you have a few minutes can you please try it again on windows and then after it crashes please send me your X-Plane log.txt file. Maybe I can figure out what is going on. Also would love to know if you get the same behavior on Linux.

I can't seem to reproduce the problem on my system. It might have something to do with other plugins you have, which I'll be able to see what else you are using from your log.txt file.

You can send it to Support@StickandRudderStudios.com

Thanks for helping.

Hey Mark, very good job! Works fine, imho better the Pilot View (old). I rapidly used X Camera and can optimize my camera views and my trackir into VC.

Confess I scroll rapidly user manual, so is it possible to set a new camera using the mouse to fine tuning it, like in EZCA?

You can certainly use mouse look (middle mouse button on Windows) to position the camera heading and pitch. I don't have a mouse move type function. I haven't used EZCA for some time so now I forgot how they did it.

When you have a few minutes can you please try it again on windows and then after it crashes please send me your X-Plane log.txt file. Maybe I can figure out what is going on. Also would love to know if you get the same behavior on Linux.

I can't seem to reproduce the problem on my system. It might have something to do with other plugins you have, which I'll be able to see what else you are using from your log.txt file.

You can send it to Support@StickandRudderStudios.com

Thanks for helping.

Ok NP will do that next week. 

Thank you so much for making this plugin! This is one of things I mostly miss from FSX. Now that it's finally here for X-Plane makes me want to start flying again. 

Has anyone tried this with Flight Factor 777, or other tubeliners yet? Any problems?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

How do you assign keyboard shortcuts to this? for View ID i have numbers 1-7, but what keypress do I do in order to switch views?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

How do you assign keyboard shortcuts to this? for View ID i have numbers 1-7, but what keypress do I do in order to switch views?

Hi, you can assign commands, either joystick buttons or keyboard keys to the X-Camera commands. Use the X-Plane joystick, keys, and equipment menu and then assign buttons or keys to the X-Camera commands. See the figure below.

mapping.jpg

Never had a crash with X-Camera, for me the best plugin so far if you want to use TrackIR + HeadShake

After all X-Pilot is dead, X-Camera in constant development, a real plus.

I've been using X-Camera for weeks now and it's probably the best and most useful plugin I have especially since I use TrackIR.

It doesn't cause any crashes or performance issues although the earlier beta I was using did cause a lot of stutters and CPU spikes this has since been resolved after updating to v1.0. This is an absolute must have IMO!

X-Camera 1.1 has been out for a while

Thank you much for this program "markcellis"...  It really makes TrackIR5 work as it should within XPX.

John

John Wingold