Sign in to follow this  
Paulbr

Add-ons missing after installation

Hello,

I installed PMDG747-400X and the FSX 2.10 update (PMDG747_400_FSX_2.10_Update_Setup.exe) afterwards.

When I start FSX and select one of the 747-400s there is no "Add-ons" for PMDG in the Menu Bar. So no options to select.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thx, Paul

When did you purchase your copy of the PMDG B747? If you did so after 22 May 2008, there would have been no need to install the service pack. In fact, doing so may have corrupted your installation. If such is the case, try uninstalling the B747 and all of its components, running a registry cleaner such as CCleaner and/or the Flight1 Registry Repair Tool, and then reinstalling without the service packs.

Hi Owen,

Tnx for helping me.

I purchased PMDG B747 very recently.

So I followed your instructions: Uninstalled the PMDG B747, runned the registry cleaner CCleaner and re-installed without any service packs.

Nevertheless, after starting FSX still the same: No Add-ons.

Are there any other ideas?

Regards,

Paul

Are you using an administrator account? If not, are you running FSX as an administrator, and is FSX installed in its own folder (e.g., C:\FSX)? Do you use any antivirus / computer protection software? Does the aircraft function even though there is no PMDG menu?

In any case, you could submit a support ticket to the official PMDG Support Desk.

Hi Owen,

In the meantime I opened a ticket via the official PMDG Support desk and the problem has been solved after uninstalling and re-installing FSX and PMDG747-400X.

Regards,

Paul