Sign in to follow this  
wizzards

flight planners

Hello I have just started looking at flight planners for use with P3d, I have just come across and have been looking at Plan-Gv3 which is freeware and looks good to me ,but as i have absolutly no knowledge of flight planners could anybody please help with the following , how easy is plan Gv3 to use , will it work well with P3d (the Author states it will work with P3d ,but how well ) ,If you were choosing a flight planner what would you choose and why please ,sorry to be so long winded but I have a feeling that flight planning is maybe a difficult subject to master

many thanks for reading and any help you can give

peter

I use PlanG v3 in both FSX and P3D. It has become my planner of choice.I like it for it's basic simplicity but you can get quite complex with user added waypoints, etc if you wish. But if you wish to go from point A to point B with waypoints in between - it's a snap.

And you can't beat the price - get it - use it and then decide - if you don't like it, you haven't lost anything.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Plan G is good if you want to make a simple flight plan. But if you want to add SIDs and STARS and transitions then you can use FSCommander. It has a full-featured demo, except that you cannot save. Both programs work with FSX and P3D and both can be used as a moving map showing your aircraft as well as AI aircraft (you need to install the free version of FSUIPC for the latter to work). Both also have a good manuall and good tutorials for making flight plans. Neither program allows to include changing altitudes and altitude restrictions for each waypoint, and both programs allow saving flight plans in a variety of formats FSX, FS9, PMDG etc. For example, Tutorial 1 for the PMDG 737 NGX has a fairly complex flight plan that one must load into the FMC. With FSC, you can create this flight plan in a minute and save it in PMDG format to use in the PMDG planes.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Hello I have just started looking at flight planners for use with P3d, I have just come across and have been looking at Plan-Gv3 which is freeware and looks good to me ,but as i have absolutly no knowledge of flight planners could anybody please help with the following , how easy is plan Gv3 to use , will it work well with P3d (the Author states it will work with P3d ,but how well ) ,If you were choosing a flight planner what would you choose and why please ,sorry to be so long winded but I have a feeling that flight planning is maybe a difficult subject to master

many thanks for reading and any help you can give

peter

Currently use FSbuild and sometimes in conjuction with the built in flight planner with ProATC although the later would be considered 'lite'.

The upcoming soon to be released PFPX looks fantastic. Although it may be too realistic and sophisticated for some, it looks to be the best way to properly plan a flight, taking into consideration everything from weight, fuel planning, and winds aloft. There is a video and photo preview on flightsimsoft.com

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Thanks to all that replied ,i have downloaded FS Commander and trying out the free demo ,once again thanks for taking the time to reply

peter