Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

FIRST THOUGHTS

What I like about Carenado products is the little things... I noticed when I brake there is animation in the nose gear assembly. The free caster wheel is a very cool feature. Sure they could have made the aircraft taxi like a default FSX plane. But the little things are what sets this and all Carenado products stand out from the rest. Definitely worth it.

Kevin

Is it so impossible to make correct propeller animation? So many years in developing and the same mistakes. The blades rotating as they want. Left, right, fast, slow... Even you don't touch any controls. I don't see NO blades in real life in flight.

You must have poor eyesight then. Google "stroboscopic effect" and learn what it is you are seeing...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

After logging many more hours in Orbx EU Eng I am loving this aircraft, the G1000 are great and if I hit an area effecting my frame rates I simply click top left on the MFD and the FPS jump back up until over the frame intensive area and a quick click and back to my map again and all is well.

Learning the G1000 on this has kept me far more interested than I ever imagined, it really is rather comprehensive after looking at users on you tube in the real aircraft.

Great price for a great aircraft, 1/2 million $ is just out of my reach so this will do nicely

Well done Carenado...

Rgds, Shaun

I downloaded the manual for the real G1000 and I'm pleased to see that except for the flight planning section which one curmudgeon was going on and on about on Carenado's FB page, the implementation is surprisingly complete.

Only thing I'm missing is how to use the keypad, which the Carenado mentions is usable but doesn't actually seem to be..... ?

I've only messed with it a little bit, but the one thing I have found so far is that it is really hard to taxi.

The turning radius is huge. Full pedal in either direction only gives a slight turn. Have to use differential braking to turn more sharply. Rudder deflection is normal.

The outside view shows that the nose gear is not turning at all.

Hope there is a fix for this or at least something that can be changed in the cfg file.

Jim

Jim, this is the only way to turn : with brakes. Cirruses, like many new a/c have a floating (non-steerable) front wheel. <_<

Pssst - the marketing folks in Duluth want you to refer to it as the "Cirrus Perspective" and not a G1000... (see this link for their justification). :P haha

Only thing I'm missing is how to use the keypad, which the Carenado mentions is usable but doesn't actually seem to be..... ?

It's kind of clunky because you have to use the knobs on the bezel to select the line first but after that it'll take the keyboard input.

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

I absolutely love this aircraft!!! I did a 4hr 25 min flight from Chicago to Lake Charles.... What a smooth flight!! :biggrin: I just hope that they fix some bugs I noticed (ex. White Nav light not turning on, the tempt on the PFD shows it in C but it is really F) Just tiny things I noticed.

You must have poor eyesight then. Google "stroboscopic effect" and learn what it is you are seeing...

In FSX this stroboscopic don't work right. I don't have to learn what I see. Try to compare - how it works in real life, FS9 and in FSX. You must have poor eyesight then, if you don't see the difference. :smile: In FSX it's a big problem, becouse rotating propeller animation "linked" to perfomance. I don't know how it works, but I can change speed and direction of propeller animation by placing some clouds or bildings in screen. Try to check it by yourself, There no this problem in FS9. But in FSX I know just fiew addons, wich can almost "win" this problem. It's Lancair, Duke and Bronco. And most painfull things - helicopters in FSX. I don't care - what Google tell me about it. I care - what I SEE. Rotor must has constant speed and direction. In FS9 it's ok. But in FSX rotor do "what it whant". That's what I talking about. And in Cirrus - the same problem. Take a look on propeller in flight and don't tell me that it's what you see in real life. Some things maybe possible in video, but not on eyes.

Excuse me for poor english. It's really hard to explane some things.

Aside from the epic propeller animation fail (of all the grips in all the gin joints in the world, you had to walk into mine...), I'm rather impressed. I still look at the little bugs in the same manner as a dog reacts to a dog whistle.. I mean.. the sound click sticks out in such an awful way, one has to wonder if anyone tested the release version before allowing downloading/purchasing. The steering should have a "warning" so that people without rudder pedals wont think the plane is a junker, or at least include something like RealAir does.. a plane config'er.

They shouldn't assume every customer is part of the flight sim community like us, who figure this stuff out pretty quickly... and post solutions.

I go back to the engine sound. Start up is unbelievable! then it fades out to... well... junk. She starts with authority and a nice deep grunt, then.. ehhh. Surprising sense the Baron 58 has one of the best sound sets I've seen from an OEM. I'll look around and see whats available for that. Add-on sound sets are usually really good, and cheap.

G-Perspective-1000... well done. Gives me hope for the TBM. Starting with the G500/600 in the Jet Prop, each of their glass sets have been better then the one before.. So they are getting the hang of it.

Graphics; Seriously... they have no equal.

I go back to the engine sound. Start up is unbelievable! then it fades out to... well... junk. She starts with authority and a nice deep grunt, then.. ehhh. Surprising sense the Baron 58 has one of the best sound sets I've seen from an OEM. I'll look around and see whats available for that. Add-on sound sets are usually really good, and cheap.

Is there a 3rd party engine sound set available for the SR22? I would really like to try if so...

Rgds, Shaun

Is there a 3rd party engine sound set available for the SR22? I would really like to try if so...

there is a Lancair Legacy soundset from ArezOne at simmarket, teach me wrong but this Sr22 GTSx Turbo should have the same type of engines like the Lancair Legacy :blink: or if you own the original RealAir Lancair Legacy one could try out to alias the sounds from her?

I personally also have the Cirrus and I really like that little beast. First I wanted to skip her this time, but I am happy I was too curious on her and do not regret the purchase.

I normally now tend to keep the original Carenado sounds, with the "newer" releases as they most of time turn out to be quite good indeed after all (for my taste) , maybe we need to wait for the next two "obligatory" SPs from Carenado to have that fixed <_< ... but again nice little aircraft we have here, a good release (for my first impressions) for my needs and for the purpose I wanna use this plane!

Cheers!

there is a Lancair Legacy soundset from ArezOne at simmarket, teach me wrong but this Sr22 GTSx Turbo should have the same type of engines like the Lancair Legacy :blink: or if you own the original RealAir Lancair Legacy one could try out to alias the sounds from her?

Good suggestion, I have the RA Legacy so will give it a try, I would really like to have flap sounds and cockpit sounds ramped up as well.

The engine needs to sound throatier...it currently sounds like a food blender in the cockpit after the initial startup sounds...or maybe the real SR22 sounds that way..I have not flown a real SR22 (yet) so I have no idea of what you would hear with/without your headset on.

Rgds, Shaun

Pused the boat out and got it. Now, although i'm not an IFR for GA person, i have the NGX, QW757 and RC114, and i gotta say, this is up there with the BIG addons in terms of greatness...

Pused the boat out and got it. Now, although i'm not an IFR for GA person, i have the NGX, QW757 and RC114, and i gotta say, this is up there with the BIG addons in terms of greatness...

Agreed, it is an awesome GA Aircraft...

Hopefully they will sort out the "niggles" in a couple of service packs and they will have imoa their best seller ever!

Rgds, Shaun