Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

FIRST THOUGHTS

And you make out that people are expecting too much...... but am I expecting too much for my General Aviation Cirrus SR-22 airplane not to have an autothrottle............ :blink:

I tend to hand-fly most of the time with just simple AP use for cruise, I guess I hadn't run into that problem, but it sounds like a valid concern.

For me the SR22 has similar systems depth and performance to Carenado's other glass cockpit HD planes, I would almost say I seem to get a slightly better framerate with it than I do the A36 and C182T.

But everyone's systems will be different and have different performance, and I do think your complaints are legitimate, but I just wanted to pass on my satisfied "first thoughts" as a fan of similar Carenado glass cockpit planes who expected something similar to their C182T/A36 etc.

Worst case if those features are a deal breaker for you, I remember some past releases where a very disappointed customer asked for a refund and got one.

--John near KPAE

Do other devs get as much belly aching as Carenado does?

I think you get allot in this plane for 35 bucks. All the Carenado glass has been pretty good, AFAIC. I have aircraft with FMS computers, programable sids/stars, etc... and I still find it a hell of allot easier to just do the flight plan in Plan G and load it up when I'm ready to fly. A real SR22 flyer even says it's pretty decent for crying out loud. I've had zero graphics or performance problems. IAS isn't correct? Don't beat your wife and shoot the dog. It's not a biggie. Carenado has a long product line, and I'd say most, if not all, have a plane or two of theirs. Their M.O. is; Second to none graphics, and passable systems and sound. Planes they are doing now would have been unthinkable just a couple years ago. I have a few real duds in the hanger.. and when that happens... those devs don't get my money next time. That is the best, and only incentive to get the kind of planes you want, or expect.

For $35 dollars I think the plane is a decent addon for FSX, if they were charging $50+ then I would complain as well but so far I'm very happy with the avionics+systems and I get smooth frames even in high density areas such as Chicago with the FSDT ORD in the area. My only regret in terms of FSX purchases is the Aerosoft Airbus, got a bit too impatient with FSL lol

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Do other devs get as much belly aching as Carenado does?

I think you get allot in this plane for 35 bucks. All the Carenado glass has been pretty good, AFAIC. I have aircraft with FMS computers, programable sids/stars, etc... and I still find it a hell of allot easier to just do the flight plan in Plan G and load it up when I'm ready to fly. A real SR22 flyer even says it's pretty decent for crying out loud. I've had zero graphics or performance problems. IAS isn't correct? Don't beat your wife and shoot the dog. It's not a biggie. Carenado has a long product line, and I'd say most, if not all, have a plane or two of theirs. Their M.O. is; Second to none graphics, and passable systems and sound. Planes they are doing now would have been unthinkable just a couple years ago. I have a few real duds in the hanger.. and when that happens... those devs don't get my money next time. That is the best, and only incentive to get the kind of planes you want, or expect.

Your silly comments about beating the wife are neither appreciated, nor appropriate, nor funny..... You are no different to me; fixated on your viewpoint....... the fact that you believe that a general aviation piston aircraft with an autothrottle system is "no biggie" makes that very, very, clear......

Your silly comments about beating the wife are neither appreciated, nor appropriate, nor funny..... You are no different to me; fixated on your viewpoint....... the fact that you believe that a general aviation piston aircraft with an autothrottle system is "no biggie" makes that very, very, clear......

Raul, just go into the aircraft.cfg and change Autothrottle Available=1 to Authothrottle Available=0 and you're good to go! While I do understand your level of frustration with some of Carenado planes, they are still a bargain in my opinion and I usually head straight to the aircraft.cfgs and make all the tweaks myself to get em running just perfectly. Not an idealistic situation, but for the price they charge ( in comparison to what other companies charge and their planes aren't perfect either), it's my justifcation for getting what I call a really good deal. Hope that helps.

Gary

I Suspect Raul joined long enough to troll, and has gone on his way.

You are right iFly, just about every AC needs a tweek or two. I'm always doing something with em to make them my own.

Thanks for the tip.

I Suspect Raul joined long enough to troll, and has gone on his way.

You are right iFly, just about every AC needs a tweek or two. I'm always doing something with em to make them my own.

Thanks for the tip.

Hawk it's my pleasure!! And I think you're right, looks like he was just here to moan and grown then move on! Personally, I enjoy Carenado's models. My own personal tweaks to all of my payware models gives me the feel like I'm popping out the toolbox and getting my hands dirty. Then the beauty is taking her up for a test flight and enjoying my simulated "hard work and effort" lol. Happy flying!! :mellow:

Just purchased this aircraft. What I have noticed is that slowly, the frame rates get poor. After about 15 minutes into a flight, the FPS drop from around 30-35 FPS to 5-9 FPS. This has never happened before with aircraft that I have purchased from Carenado, or any other. Using Prepar3d and again, I have never seen this phenomona. Has anyone seen a simular issue?

Not like that but my fps are constantly jumping between 15 and 40 giving a horrible stuttering sensation. I like a lot the visuals, I truly hope Carenado may find a workaround for this. I like this plane in the end.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alexander Colka

Not like that but my fps are constantly jumping between 15 and 40 giving a horrible stuttering sensation. I like a lot the visuals, I truly hope Carenado may find a workaround for this. I like this plane in the end.

Exactly my problem...when using the map on the MFD my frames jump significantly, when I turn the G1000 / MFD off they are smooth again!

Still hope they can fix this...

Rgds, Shaun

FYI: Carenado issued a patch, and can be dloaded from their site. Not sure what it fixes, but hope it can help you if your having problems. If you installed my sound set, you will have to re-install it again after the patch.

Great I will check out. Another thing I discovered is that if I leave the map display with the topo function off the jumping frames are a lot less noticeable.

Alexander Colka

I fly her with topo=off , traffic=off, decl = -1 and north up .... still anything less than satisfying but "better" than before.

I fly her with topo=off , traffic=off, decl = -1 and north up .... still anything less than satisfying but "better" than before.

Well actually the topo=on is one issue of FPS loss ;-)

André