Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

FIRST THOUGHTS

Agreed, it is an awesome GA Aircraft...

Hopefully they will sort out the "niggles" in a couple of service packs and they will have imoa their best seller ever!

Indeed.

Oh a question for anyone, on the TAWS/GPWS, the only call out is "500", are there anymore and how do i activate them?

The avionics are buggy, unfinished and in need of a patch. Terrible aircraft release. A real shame such a beautiful airplane was given such an unworthy showing.

I found a freeware sound set of the engines the Cirrus uses (Teledyne Continental TSIO-550), but it's for FS2004, and a twin set up. I wrote to the original author. If he gives me permission, I'd do am adaptation for the Cirrus, and post it in the lib. They are really good engine sounds, with big hairy balls!... LOL.

I'll work on it all day today.

• Upvote 1

I found a freeware sound set of the engines the Cirrus uses (Teledyne Continental TSIO-550), but it's for FS2004, and a twin set up. I wrote to the original author. If he gives me permission, I'd do am adaptation for the Cirrus, and post it in the lib. They are really good engine sounds, with big hairy balls!... LOL.

Nice find, sounds good...

Rgds, Shaun

It's kind of clunky because you have to use the knobs on the bezel to select the line first but after that it'll take the keyboard input.

In real life, the knobs on the keyboard may be used instead of the ones on the bezel(s)...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

New sounds sounds geat. Be sure to come back with your results. Thanks.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

New sounds sounds geat. Be sure to come back with your results. Thanks.

Ray

Will do.

Did a little work on em today... found the click (and posted a new thread on it). I can fix all the Carenado mistakes, but that's their job... and Copyright.

If the Author of the freeware doesn't reply, I'll post 'em anyway, giving him credit of course. After all, he posted them as public domain, but would feel better with his blessing.

Will do.

Did a little work on em today... found the click (and posted a new thread on it). I can fix all the Carenado mistakes, but that's their job... and Copyright.

If the Author of the freeware doesn't reply, I'll post 'em anyway, giving him credit of course. After all, he posted them as public domain, but would feel better with his blessing.

Understand. Thanks.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Will do.

Great Job, can't wait for these...well done

Rgds, Shaun

I don't usually post much, but I figured I'd share a few differences I've found between Carenado's offering and the real airplane.

First thing I noticed was the IAS feature on the GFC unit acts very similar to an autothrottle in the sim as it moves the power lever to set the speed. In the actual aircraft the IAS mode is used to have the autopilot hold a constant airspeed climb by varying the aircrafts pitch, there is no automation to the power lever in the actual aircraft at all (all pilot controlled).

Others have mentioned the sensitivity of the pitch trim. The actual aircraft's pitch trim is pretty sensitive, it only takes a "bump" or two of trim to hold the nose, it's not a push-and-hold like other aircraft.

As for the performance, at 11,000 and 80% power its burning about 17.1 gal/hr and giving me roughly 187 KTAS which is about what I normally see in reality.

All said, I own several other Carenado aircraft with varying degrees of satisfaction and I'm plesantly suprised by this one, but I'm still only half way through my first flight with it. They hit pretty well in my wheelhouse with this one as this is an airplane I fly in reality.

-Ryan

Guest Raul_Hernandez

The avionics are buggy, unfinished and in need of a patch. Terrible aircraft release. A real shame such a beautiful airplane was given such an unworthy showing.

I totally agree.

Unacceptable performance (harder than any other a/c I have ever flown in any version of FS), and not like it has the systems complexity as a reason. As usual it's about excessive attention to esoteric visuals......... the key word being "excessive".

And sorry because yes, I have mentioned this on other posts, but the "IAS" mode on the GFC700 Autopilot is using Autothrottle to control speed !!!!!........ how can anyone consider this a remotely realistic release of the SR22 when it uses an autothrottle?

That's right. But it doesn't seem like Carenado is going to change anytime soon.

I must say that I find this plane amazing. The level of eye candy gets better every plane. With regard to the avionics, they get the job done nicely. The trim is a little buggy though.

I finally picked this one up and am really enjoying it, good immersion, great looks and flies well.

For me it compares well with previous Carenado HD planes and other decent FSX planes in the $30-$40 price range (Baytower, Milviz, RealAir, Aerosoft etc),

IMHO those that are really upset at the lack of complex systems modeling (at the level of A2A+Accusim, PMDG, Flight1), let their expectations get carried away and didn't consider Carenado's recent history and the $35 price.

Framerate for me is between 23-30 FPS in Orbx PNW, higher than usual for a Carenado plane but similar to RealAir and Milviz GA planes in the same region.

--John near KPAE

Guest Raul_Hernandez

I finally picked this one up and am really enjoying it, good immersion, great looks and flies well.

For me it compares well with previous Carenado HD planes and other decent FSX planes in the $30-$40 price range (Baytower, Milviz, RealAir, Aerosoft etc),

IMHO those that are really upset at the lack of complex systems modeling (at the level of A2A+Accusim, PMDG, Flight1), let their expectations get carried away and didn't consider Carenado's recent history and the $35 price.

Framerate for me is between 23-30 FPS in Orbx PNW, higher than usual for a Carenado plane but similar to RealAir and Milviz GA planes in the same region.

If you read most of the posts, it's not just a disappointment with systems modelling; it's how empty the systems modelling is yet how ridiculously stuttery and hard on performance the plane is........

........everyone knows that Carenado are a 2 man team of texture artists and that systems fideltity is never going to be the strong point of a release - but the texturing is going way overboard now, and the frame rates and stutters are getting serious for what are very 'light' offerings, systems wise.

And you make out that people are expecting too much...... but am I expecting too much for my General Aviation Cirrus SR-22 airplane not to have an autothrottle............ :blink: