Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

A good read / interview with a Xplane addon developer

Enjoyed reading that interview, very interesting!

Your aircraft look absolutely stunning and I think the Saab might be the second commercial aircraft add-on for X-Plane that I will buy (the BK117 being the first)!

Keep going strong, it´s uphill work for the most part ^_^ .

Jan

but he argues a lot and often contradicts himself in those arguments.... some of you see it but choose to ignore it.

Enjoyed reading that interview, very interesting!

Your aircraft look absolutely stunning and I think the Saab might be the second commercial aircraft add-on for X-Plane that I will buy (the BK117 being the first)!

Keep going strong, it´s uphill work for the most part ^_^ .

Jan

Thanks, Jan. That 737 will definitely be 1 of a few add ons I will also buy.

Been waiting for that one!

(the BK117 being the first)!

Is this one already 64-bit compliant?

Was one of my featured buys, but I bought the dc-3 and the Sundowner, and two Carenado twins first...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Is this one already 64-bit compliant?

I don't have the BK117 but from what I've read in the support forum it's not yet fully v10 compliant never mind 64-bit.

I sure it'll be updated at some point though. Got my eye on it too. ;)

I could be interested in the DC3 soon. I see that the developer of gizmo is working on other platforms including linux which will be good news for the growing number of linux users in Xplane.

but he argues a lot and often contradicts himself in those arguments.... some of you see it but choose to ignore it.

Don't disagree, most of us do from time to time, human nature.

X-Plane is like a ball moving on a pool table, you sometimes don't know where it's going, and that can lead to some pretty heated discussions, and be very frustrating.

It's fine to disagree, and as Mountain Man put it the other day (not exact, didn't look it up) "It's not what you say, it's how you say it". Were not all perfect, some need to be cut a little more slack than others.

What is said here in debate should in no way diminish the value of the contributions and effort that Goran makes to this community. You / we / someone, may not like what he or anyone has to say from time to time, it doesn't mean they don't care, don't want to help, perhaps have a totally different view than our own, that's fair enough, we need to learn to deal with it.

I quite often don't see eye to eye with Goran's views, and a lot of others around here, doesn't mean I can't still value / honour his / their contributions.

This interview, and it's posting here, is to honour his contributions to the community, gives us a "view" of him, can't we all put our petty feelings aside and do that, can't we?

Glen

Edit: I will say no more on this, just had to get it off the chest, it was bugging me.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

It still hurts that you didn't make your DC-3 compatible with Linux. :(

Or you could read post #21. :)

Founder of X-Aviation

X-Plane is like a ball moving on a pool table, you sometimes don't know where it's going, and that can lead to some pretty heated discussions, and be very frustrating.

Hehe I have to respond to this, it all depends on who the player is. Here is Ronnie O'sullivan at his best. Snooker, but same difference.

Regards