Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

BEX Crash?

I have gotten two BEX CTD's on 2 out of the last 3 flights. Always when FSCrew in the NGX is performing a function. First CTD was after I said, "after takeoff checklist". Second one just now was after I clicked on the decent briefing and it started playing. Bryan York who is the dev for FSCrew told me it was not his programs fault and did not wish to investigate any further. Here is the details of the CTD:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61637.0

Application Timestamp: 46fadb14

Fault Module Name: StackHash_27eb

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: 752ac9f1

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 27eb

Additional Information 2: 27eb358fe674a6f15dafe56d42bb9bf3

Additional Information 3: 2f06

Additional Information 4: 2f06c18113e6d7c00e6b91fa1fde84b6

Any help would be appreciated.

Eric 

Your crash report says little. Here's a neat little program that interprets those Microsoft crashes - AppCrashView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html. It provides more information about the crash just like a Microsoft tech would look at the .wer report you provided above is sent to them. If you could copy and paste the total error report, that would be great!

BEX means Buffer Overflow Exception. It's a common crash event.

I have written several responses here about StackHash module errors. The StackHash error occurs when DEP is invoked and has an issue with whatever application you’re trying to run (and there are several hundred out there that seem to give it fits). The error is related to Data Execution Prevention. The solution, according to Microsoft, is to go to the DEP tab on your computer and exempt FSX from DEP and everything will be good. You cannot do this with FSX. It's totally impossible. It's memory left over in your system that continues to provide bad information when you try to load a program like FS Crew. Here's an explanation of what happened to me when I got a StackHash (those last four digits on the StackHash is the memory address where the crash occurred):

I consistantly received a StackHash error in DX10 mode if I closed FSX in full screen. I have two monitors and the next time I would start FSX, it would load on my secondary monitor and I would have to drag it over to my primary monitor then GoFly. If I closed FSX in Windowed mode, no StackHash error. Close full screen, StackHash error. Problem fixed (as long as I could remember to shut down FSX in windowed mode). For some reason, I had to reinstall Windows (and FSX) and, after all was done, if I closed FSX in Full Screen mode, NO StackHash error BUT when I would start FSX again it started up in the secondary monitor. So the error went away but not the problem I still have of FSX starting up in the secondary monitor if I shutdown FSX in full screen (there are absolutely no problems if I shutdown in windowed mode). The I think my memory kept the information as to how I closed FSX and, when I started it up one time in windowed mode, the system got confused.

So I'm thinking you did something different with FSX or FS Crew that you didn't do before and your system kept that in memory and did not release it when you shut down FSX and shut down your computer system. So now you are doing something differently and you have to get it out of the system memory. Maybe shutting down your computer and unplugging it for a couple of hours will solve it. Or you could reinstall Windows and FSX and your problem should (well, actually, will go away).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim- Thanks for the info. Not quite sure how unplugging my computer may help but I just did and will leave it unplugged over night.

What about a uninstall and reinstall of fscrew?

No way am I going to reinstall windows or fsx so that is not an option. I did do the command prompt line that checks your system for errors and it found some and fixed them so we will see.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Eric,

Make sure your DX9 runtimes are up to date here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

We've seen a few instances of BEX crashes caused by them not being up to date. I'm betting yours isn't this, but it's good to rule things out.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Will do Ryan, thank you.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Eric,

Make sure your DX9 runtimes are up to date here:

http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8109

We've seen a few instances of BEX crashes caused by them not being up to date. I'm betting yours isn't this, but it's good to rule things out.

It's asking me to select a folder to install it to? I do not know what folder I am supposed to browse to?

Nevermind...found the link here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Eric