Sign in to follow this  
TheCoolred303

Radar Contact: Approach Vectors are Inaccurate

Hi everyone! I recently did my first flight using Radar Contact on FSX. My plane was a PMDG 737-800 NGX. I used FSBuild to create the .pln file (Export to: FS2004/FSX) and also to create the the .fpe file (Export to: PMDG 737/747/MD11/J41 (MSFS)). I loaded the .pln file into radar contact and made sure the information was correct. I then loaded the .pln file into FSX as well. Once I was programming the FMC and Radar Contact was started, I entered the .fpe into the FMC. The flight was going great up until the approach. The approach controller gave me a heading and altitude completely off of the ILS. I was forced to do a last second visual approach. My given altitude was too high and my heading was off to intercept the localizer. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks :).

Information about the flight

Airplane: PMDG 737-800

Departure Airport: KBUR

Departure Runway: 15

Arrival Airport: KSJC

Arrival Runway: 30L (ILS Approach)

Airac Data for PMDG and FSBUILD: 1301 (Latest)

Cruise Altitude: FL280

Route: KBUR VNY9 GMN COREZ MAKRS ROBIE ROBIE3 KSJC

Hi everyone! I recently did my first flight using Radar Contact on FSX. My plane was a PMDG 737-800 NGX. I used FSBuild to create the .pln file (Export to: FS2004/FSX) and also to create the the .fpe file (Export to: PMDG 737/747/MD11/J41 (MSFS)). I loaded the .pln file into radar contact and made sure the information was correct. I then loaded the .pln file into FSX as well. Once I was programming the FMC and Radar Contact was started, I entered the .fpe into the FMC. The flight was going great up until the approach. The approach controller gave me a heading and altitude completely off of the ILS. I was forced to do a last second visual approach. My given altitude was too high and my heading was off to intercept the localizer. Is there a way to prevent this?

RC has the most accurate approach guidance system I know of -- always at close to the correct altitude and within 30 degrees or so of the correct heading -- ILS or no. So it sounds like you haven't generated the correct data for Radar Contact to use. Install an up-to-date MakeRunways in your FSX folder and use the Rebuild Database button in RC. Your AIRAC files are not used by RC, which predates such facilities.

Why don't you ask such questions in the RC support forum?

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen