Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

OOM Error, Crash.

I had CYVR FSDT along with ORBX and UT. On the approch my flightsim hits 3000M virtual memory and crashes out, I have tried a few fixed...

1. HIGHMEMFIX

2. Lowered all settings to medium (texture resolution to 1024)

3. Appplied Word Not Allowed's patch.

Nothing works. Any other suggestions?

System Specs:

Windows 7 64

i7 3820 @ 4.5Ghz

x79 Rampage IV

GTX 660ti

Nothing works. Any other suggestions?

Check this link out - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/396130-fsdreamteam-cyvr-vancouver-is-out/. There was some great discussions from others who had OOM's with CYVR but a lot of those discussions were lost when AVSIM upgraded their system. Bottom line - install the update from FSDT.

The uiautomationcore.dll is not Word Not Allowed's patch. He only provided a link to the proper version in case someone needs it. It is not a patch either. It only fixes menu crashes for some and that is it. Remove it if you do not have menu crashes.

OOM's in 64 bit OS's can occur with a bad overclock, overheating, or a bad system memory configuration. Not from FSX (CYVR is an addon).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Here's another excellent link that might help you - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/397563-fed-up-with-ooms/.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

OOM's in 64 bit OS's can occur with a bad overclock, overheating, or a bad system memory configuration. Not from FSX (CYVR is an addon).

What are you trying to say here?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm saying it's not from a problem with FSX.

Submit News to AVSIM

You keep saying that FSX is not the problem if people are suffering OOMs when using 64bit systems, but I don't know how you are coming to that conclusion. If you overload FSX with too many detailed addons, then you will suffer an OOM. This is just the same with 64bit systems as it is with 32bit. The only difference is that you have a bit more "headroom" with a 64bit system.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

OOM's in 64 bit OS's can occur with a bad overclock, overheating, or a bad system memory configuration.

Agreed, but that is only one cause. Probably a user error or faulty hardware)

I'm saying it's not from a problem with FSX.

Jim, I’m sorry to digress, but No.

FSX like any other system process can run into an OOM status on perfectly stable computers.

(I have seen plenty of them, from just a simple Copy-Paste in Visual Studio 2010 to full blown system servers, SQL servers, etc.)

FSX by itself is a major cause of OOM problems (keep in mind we keep adding stuff and it is x86 legacy code), because it keeps “requesting” memory from the system until it runs out of address space and/or because its address space is so "fragmented" no new pages can be allocated to it by the system, reason being it cannot find a contiguous virtual memory address space large enough for its needed allocation. (The system VMM can't help much there.)

Call it FSX memory leaks, code errors, the way FSX loads/unloads modules, plus the loaded FSX specific dlls and system dlls it uses, etc.

Add to that a possibly bugged addon dll’s, gauges and other files and Whamm you get FSX OOM.

Edit:

If you overload FSX with too many detailed addons, then you will suffer an OOM. This is just the same with 64bit systems as it is with 32bit. The only difference is that you have a bit more "headroom" with a 64bit system.

True.

Cheers.

That's okay about digressing. I'm use to it. Is there any way you can prove your theory? The x86 legacy code has absolutely nothing to do with it. You are definitely confusing people (me included) by stating it is caused by FSX and one of its dll or another file or maybe a memory leak in one of the dlls. Simply put, one can easily get an OOM by using too many resources when running FSX (i.e., maxing all the sliders or putting them at high levels and/or increasing display driver settings). But not too many games can be played for 4 hours or 6 hours straight. I have never received an OOM with FSX.... never! I have my settings set sort of high but definitely not maxed. Run FSX with default settings without any addons installed. Just pure FSX and fly for 6 hours. You will see no crash. So it is not FSX. Maybe an addon made for FS2K2 or FS2K4 but not FSX. I realize it might look nice to have crisp clear textures at 32,000 feet but it's rare you see that in real life at that height. Stop trying to abuse your system with high settings both in FSX and in your display drivers and you will enjoy this product a lot better. Really! You will see little difference.

Submit News to AVSIM