Sign in to follow this  
Capt Pugwash

"Lite Version"

Guest Raul_Hernandez

I so TOTALLY agree with the OP on this!

I purchased this evening, and I cannot believe that a General Avaiation aircraft with such 'light' systems modelling, can be the heaviest aircraft in my whole FSX hangar ......... but it is!

It is a more stuttery performance and lower frames than the NGX, Airbus Extended, Coolsky DC-9, etc... !

Why?..... that exterior texturing, and the compexity of the external model...... BUT....... I don't want those things!!!!

I do not use FSX to stare at external models in flight, like some sort of toy..... I am inside the cockpit within 5 mins of loading FSX.

So I certainly don't want to pay such a HUGE performance penalty for that esoteric model.

Carenado have, IMHO opinion gone up there own backsides in terms of how far it is sensible to go with mega HD texturing..... the balance has been lost and planes such as this are now not nice to operate because of the low performance.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us a 'lite' version without the HD textures and without the esoteric exterior model.

I so TOTALLY agree with the OP on this!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us a 'lite' version without the HD textures and without the esoteric exterior model.

Hi there,

I would totally agree to have a lite version, but I guess the problem is not produced by the extensive use of HD textures, the problem is the construction of the G1000 ... if you turn the battery on an fire up the G1000 the frames will drop without doing anything, no veiw moving, without that unit, it is perfect! So in my opinion only reducing the texture size of the aircraft itself will probably not cure the problem we are talking here about.

I am just wondering so much why the Carenado Malibu (also HD textures btw.) with having also a quite complex G500 glasscockpit is BY FAR MUCH LESS system demanding than the SR22. In the Malibu I do NOT even realize having it turned on, my frames stay perfect there ?!

So there must be a lot of differences in the coding of carenado´s G500 and 1000 ...

I can also still not figure out what option causes the hughe system demand of the SR22 G1000 ... can´t see any real differences in switching e.g. traffic, map-mode or decluters etc. on/off ...

Cheers!

Guest Raul_Hernandez

@ Andy,

You are absolutely right. :( ....... The G1000 PFD and MFD are absolute killers on performance.

And as you said, the G500 in the PA46T is nowhere near as heavy on frames. I really hope then that Carenado can find a way to optimize their G1000....... For example, the G1000 in the feelThere Embraer Phenom is slightly more functional than the Carenado model, yet has virtually no performance impact.

I think Carenado's obsession with higher and higher definitions has led to them making everything is the highest definitions, without thought for performance. I have a lot of shimmering with the G1000, due to the resolution being so high. Of course it is a gauge, and so has to be readable, but that feelThere G1000 that I referred to is a lower definition (hence the great performance) but still very, very readable.

One interesting thing I noticed by launching the default flight with the SR22 circling over Orbx PNW and Friday Harbor in stormy weather, and testing different settings on the G1000, is that the framerate becomes much better when just the PFD is on and MFD is off (using the button at top left of the MFD to turn it off), but when you turn on the MFD with the nav page is when the framerate hit comes in.

This matches up to a similar thing I noticed with the Carenado A36 EFD1000 glass gauge, where you can reduce the framerate impact by using the Map declutter setting button to remove the nav data on the EFD1000 display and get much better framerate.

So at least for now it is useful to know that if I get into situations with the SR22 where framerate is unreasonably low, I can hit that clickspot on the top left of the MFD to turn it off, leaving the PFD on for my aircraft attitude needs and get a nice framerate boost. Especially for those of us who might have a RXP window open, the temporary loss of the MFD map in those cases is an acceptable workaround.

There must be something particular to how Carenado does that Map/Nav data on these glass gauges that causes the FPS hit.

As always YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).

--John near KPAE

Guest Raul_Hernandez

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ ..... Very good point John.

I read other posts from people saying "just turn off both screens when the FPS gets low, and use the pop-ups, which was not a viable option for me ........ but turning off just the MFD is doable, and makes a pretty good difference.

To be honest, what I am doing at the moment, is running with the whole external model deactivated in the model.cfg. I am a hardcore "inside the plane" person, so the only bit I miss out on, is looking at the plane before I get in it, and after I get out of it. :lol:

Although clearly turning off the external model does not help with the G1000s in the VC, the impact of not having the external model does offset the G1000, and frame rates stay consistently high.

Hopefully Carenado will address the staggeringly high performance demand of this aircraft's G1000, and I can have my external model back. :wink:

I too have also noticed the MFD is dragging down the frames rate, I also turn the MFD off in highly detailed autogen areas and the frame rate becomes very much boosted...it certainly is a "work around" until they hopefully get their heads around a possible SP fix (or not).

I have to say though that if I fly in a "low hit" scenery area the SR22 is consistantly good on FPS, and others clearly will find and report the same good frame rates...but bring Orbx into the equation and the extra load on the system generates surges and spikes of approx 15fps difference when locked at 30 fps on a i7 clocked to 4.2, ...clearly the MFD is the culprit

Lets all hope for a fix to turn a great GA model release into a perfect one!

Rgds, Shaun

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Yes, I see the same Shaun - rather than a markedly low frame rate, it's those dips...... in light areas, I'll generally see 29.9 FPS (locked at 30), but in dense areas, I'll drop to an average of about 23 FPS, but with dastardly drops to 10 FPS ruining the party!

I'm very dissapointed. In this airplane with G1000 turned on I get worse frames than NGX! About 20FPS, stutters galore. With avionics off frames are normal, 30 locked @ 30, smooth.

Yes me too. I fly in a real SR22 GTSx almost every weekend (not mine alas!), and so had real interest in this, but the performance and stutters are too bad to enjoy, and I unistalled it.

It's a shame because it is a really nice airplane. Obviously it's because G1000 but I also have Kodiak with G1000 and I have no performance issues there. On my machine Carenado SR22 actually performs similar to F1 Cessna Mustang.

Yes me too. I fly in a real SR22 GTSx almost every weekend (not mine alas!), and so had real interest in this, but the performance and stutters are too bad to enjoy, and I unistalled it.

It's a shame because their "steam gauge" aircraft are well known for looking great *and* being very frame rate friendly. This was true at least up until the C337 which is only a few FPS slower than the ancient Arrow IV on my system.

I would think there's a lot of headroom in the G1000 code for Carenado to optimize as they learn more about glass cockpits in FSX/P3D. For example, with the T182T, I found that turning off the G1000 actually improves framerates in the exterior view by about 5 FPS on my system, so it's eating a lot of resources even when it's not even being displayed.

Like you, I uninstalled the T182T and won't be bying the SR22 because of these frame rate problems. I'll re-visit the planes when I upgrade to a new Intel chip this summer, but even then, I think FPS will be a problem with these planes.

For now, I'm flying the beautiful Mooney Acclaim that comes with P3D. The exterior modelling isn't quite as nice as the Carenado, but the glass cockpit is functional, looks great and carries almost no FPS penalty.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hi Guys,

Ditto on the "Lite" version too!

I do not get a frame rate hit as such but i do get my Orbx (that is all i fly) scenery going blury and staying that way until i pause the game and let it "catch up". I get this issue with Carenado's latest releases. The CT182, SR22 and King Air 220. I have done a lot of testing and these three aircraft are the only Carenado aircarft that cause this with my situation.

I love Carenado products. However, with the utmost regret, I will have to inform them (if they read this stuff???) that I will NOT purchase nor continue to endourse or engage in their products anymore if they do not seriousy look into these issues. What is a gross misconduct of consumer awareness is that they are not informing the pending customer (a lot being current ones), the lack of information that how their new products may effect said product and syetems with majority of consumer oppearating systems. Or maybe they can offer a "tweek" to better enhance their product within ones opperating system

Do not get me wrong..... I am up for new technology but a company must cater for the majority that have not caught up with their new technology. Hence the "Lite" version or a non "HD" version with every package would surfice until consumers can catch up to and be able to appriciate the "HD" versions?

If i am out of line please let me know and you will never here from again and my ties with Careando will cease to exsist.

Cheers.

Tim...

Hi Tim,

I'm certainly up for slandering or even criticizing developers on a public forum (I'm far too new to this hobby for that), but I can say in actual fact that I dropped Carenado (I've been spelling their name wrong on other threads lol!) an email about the dreadful SR22 performance, and I received the following exact reply ;-

"Close the MFD and if necessary the PFD in the VC during flight, to improve the performance".

make what you want of that, but it did not give me confidence that these guys are taking this issue seriously, and I am not expecting anything to change with the product - of course I hope I'm wrong on that!

Closing flying displays on a high end G1000 aircraft - while flying it - is a ludicrous suggestion in my view.

but the performance and stutters are too bad to enjoy, and I unistalled it.

Same here, I was excited to install it and was very quickly disappointed. Performance is awful and also it had numerous graphical glitches on my system, e.g White dots all over windows and a very very dark cockpit. I've loved almost all of Carenado's planes so far, but this is by far the worst for me. Hopefully they'll get a service pack out soon

On a side note, I really wish Carenado would improve the avionics in these planes. Beautiful models really let down by the rubbish avionics