Sign in to follow this  
Capt Pugwash

"Lite Version"

Guest Mik75

Same here, I was excited to install it and was very quickly disappointed. Performance is awful and also it had numerous graphical glitches on my system, e.g White dots all over windows and a very very dark cockpit. I've loved almost all of Carenado's planes so far, but this is by far the worst for me. Hopefully they'll get a service pack out soon

On a side note, I really wish Carenado would improve the avionics in these planes. Beautiful models really let down by the rubbish avionics

You're absolutely right! The autothrottle in it (when using IAS mode) is unbelievable, are they serious? After an intense comparison with Flight 1's G1000 (in their C182T & Mustang), I have to say that Carenado's G1000 has the bigger impact on the fps, even though its features are pretty basic. As much as I love their planes, and most are a joy to handfly, they urgently need to improve their quality!

You're absolutely right! The autothrottle in it (when using IAS mode) is unbelievable, are they serious?

Ah.... is this where you engage IAS mode on the GFC700 and the throttle then becomes 'fixed' (cannot be adjusted).... I wondered why that happened! ..... so if I understand correctly, this model is using an autothrottle to control speed on the "IAS" mode, instead of just adjusting aircraft pitch as the real airplane does, right?

That does seem really bizarre...... an autothrottle in a single piston aircraft! .... I wonder why they did that.

I have no previous experience with this developer, but I have to say it is my first disappointing purchase in the hobby - made worse by the one line email telling me to just switch off all displays in flight, to improve performance....

So, I wrote to Carenado support about very poor performance with G1000 turned on but completely normal performance with it off. They answered that clouds and traffic usually require a lot of resources from FSX, so it is recommended to lower the cloud and traffic settings if I'm experiencing performance issues. I also told them that I have no problems running PMDG NGX.

My first tought was "Are they mocking me?".

Are they mocking me?

Sounds like they are just trying to tell you to go away and fob you off with some silly excuse. I agree with you, this plane's performance is poor on my system, it should perform better than the NGX, and it doesn't. It really could do with a lighter version. The Flight1 C182 and Mustang (both have glass cockpits) perform really well on my system with all the avionics switched on, and they also work far better. Carenado need to take a step back and evaluate their latest offerings. This is the first product I've purchased from them where I want a refund.

Sounds like they are just trying to tell you to go away and fob you off with some silly excuse. I agree with you, this plane's performance is poor on my system, it should perform better than the NGX, and it doesn't. It really could do with a lighter version. The Flight1 C182 and Mustang (both have glass cockpits) perform really well on my system with all the avionics switched on, and they also work far better. Carenado need to take a step back and evaluate their latest offerings. This is the first product I've purchased from them where I want a refund.

Yep, even the Mustang performs a little better. I'd take a refund if I could.

Purchased the SR22 GTSX as I have always had good luck with Carenado addons. However, the SR22 is not "ready for prime time", in my opinion. When selecting thsi aircraft the initial FPS are 30-40 FPS. As one progress with this addon, the FPS slowly get worse. At about 5-7 minutes into the flight, FPS falls to .8 FPS! At this point, I can switch aircraft, for example tto Carenado's Cessna 185, and the FPS jump up to 30+. Whlie flying for awhile in the 185, I can switch back to the SR22 and FPS immediatly drop to .8.

It is a shame that this addon is unworkable. Carenado did a great job on the asthetics.

The only time I get poor fps is when the terrain is enabled.

Disable terrain and it works fine.  In fact I fly the F1 Mustang without the terrain enabled for better readability.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just installed the latest performance update (released this week of August) relating to the G1000 and tried her in FTXG Germany and then Orbx Diamond Point and she is certainly lighter on the frames...well done Carenado for following through with this...

Rgds, Shaun