Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capt Pugwash

"Lite Version"

Please consider a "Lite Version" option for the SP

This aircraft is wonderfully modelled and clearly on a lot of sim-pilots shopping lists...but better Frame rates would probably allow a lot more guys to go for this.

My frame rates are worse than anything else in my hanger ie: NGX, Realair Lanc, Bronco, Avro etc...

Please consider the "Lite Version" option...better Frame rates needed to ensure complete satisfaction

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Please consider a "Lite Version" option for the SP

This aircraft is wonderfully modelled and clearly on a lot of sim-pilots shopping lists...but better Frame rates would probably allow a lot more guys to go for this.

My frame rates are worse than anything else in my hanger ie: NGX, Realair Lanc, Bronco, Avro etc...

Please consider the "Lite Version" option...better Frame rates needed to ensure complete satisfaction

I would agree, it's not as bad as the c182t but they still should provide a lite version.

I think at the very least maybe a lower-file size set of .dds textures? Those of us with the computer memories of a flea (2GB! WinXP! 32-bit! <g>) would happily forego a little visual brilliance for more framerate.

If it works that way, that is.

If I turn off the G1000's she obviously has great frame rates and I can fly at any Orbx field, but with avionics on it just kills it, and I have great frames within Orbx with the rest of my aircraft (NGX & Realair Lanc included) Surely if PMDG/Realair can achieve decent frame rates, Carenado can come close by now?

What a great plane the Sr22 is, but with awful FPS, it really takes away the great work when you are back to a "slideshow" experience.

They need to find approx 4-5FPS to make this flyable in most addon sceneries...that is now the market standard...hopefully they can "go lite" and get the frame rates back up for us...

Otherwise it goes to the back of my hanger...which would be a great great shame...

Yep, avionics off and rely on old fashioned instruments...actually I would love to have the option of not using the G1000's that impact so heavily on this lovely model and having conventional gauges as an option

The problem are not the very high end computers, but the low end. I personally think that a lite version would be a great idea.

For me the framerate is okay. If you want to shut off the G1000 you can use a clickspot in the upper left corner of the two displays.

Is there an easy way to get to the mixture control with the mouse? I always have to bring the throttle to idle first to get at it. I must be missing something obvious.

Is there an easy way to get to the mixture control with the mouse? I always have to bring the throttle to idle first to get at it. I must be missing something obvious.

CTRL + SHIFT + F3 = Increase

CTRL + SHIFT + F2 = Decrease

OR

hardware Fuel Quad.

9 times out of 10, keys are the only way to adjust between the seat levers.

I just twist around from the copilot seat, I hate using keystrokes if I can avoid it (masochist, I know; just try manually hydraulically pumping down a P-40's landing gear sometime while low and slow <g>).

I hate using keystrokes

I do too, but until I can spare some change for a throttle, that'll do O.K. for now.

Funny... as long as I've done this hobby, I never sprang for a set of peddles and throttles... I know it would really amp it up.

I so TOTALLY agree with the OP on this!

I purchased this evening, and I cannot believe that a General Avaiation aircraft with such 'light' systems modelling, can be the heaviest aircraft in my whole FSX hangar ......... but it is!

It is a more stuttery performance and lower frames than the NGX, Airbus Extended, Coolsky DC-9, etc... !

Why?..... that exterior texturing, and the compexity of the external model...... BUT....... I don't want those things!!!!

I do not use FSX to stare at external models in flight, like some sort of toy..... I am inside the cockpit within 5 mins of loading FSX.

So I certainly don't want to pay such a HUGE performance penalty for that esoteric model.

Carenado have, IMHO opinion gone up there own backsides in terms of how far it is sensible to go with mega HD texturing..... the balance has been lost and planes such as this are now not nice to operate because of the low performance.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us a 'lite' version without the HD textures and without the esoteric exterior model.

I so TOTALLY agree with the OP on this!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us a 'lite' version without the HD textures and without the esoteric exterior model.

Hi there,

I would totally agree to have a lite version, but I guess the problem is not produced by the extensive use of HD textures, the problem is the construction of the G1000 ... if you turn the battery on an fire up the G1000 the frames will drop without doing anything, no veiw moving, without that unit, it is perfect! So in my opinion only reducing the texture size of the aircraft itself will probably not cure the problem we are talking here about.

I am just wondering so much why the Carenado Malibu (also HD textures btw.) with having also a quite complex G500 glasscockpit is BY FAR MUCH LESS system demanding than the SR22. In the Malibu I do NOT even realize having it turned on, my frames stay perfect there ?!

So there must be a lot of differences in the coding of carenado´s G500 and 1000 ...

I can also still not figure out what option causes the hughe system demand of the SR22 G1000 ... can´t see any real differences in switching e.g. traffic, map-mode or decluters etc. on/off ...

Cheers!

@ Andy,

You are absolutely right. :( ....... The G1000 PFD and MFD are absolute killers on performance.

And as you said, the G500 in the PA46T is nowhere near as heavy on frames. I really hope then that Carenado can find a way to optimize their G1000....... For example, the G1000 in the feelThere Embraer Phenom is slightly more functional than the Carenado model, yet has virtually no performance impact.

I think Carenado's obsession with higher and higher definitions has led to them making everything is the highest definitions, without thought for performance. I have a lot of shimmering with the G1000, due to the resolution being so high. Of course it is a gauge, and so has to be readable, but that feelThere G1000 that I referred to is a lower definition (hence the great performance) but still very, very readable.

Hey, they make this more fps freindly all but in second, love thier planes, man if they made cadillics would buy them too.

One interesting thing I noticed by launching the default flight with the SR22 circling over Orbx PNW and Friday Harbor in stormy weather, and testing different settings on the G1000, is that the framerate becomes much better when just the PFD is on and MFD is off (using the button at top left of the MFD to turn it off), but when you turn on the MFD with the nav page is when the framerate hit comes in.

This matches up to a similar thing I noticed with the Carenado A36 EFD1000 glass gauge, where you can reduce the framerate impact by using the Map declutter setting button to remove the nav data on the EFD1000 display and get much better framerate.

So at least for now it is useful to know that if I get into situations with the SR22 where framerate is unreasonably low, I can hit that clickspot on the top left of the MFD to turn it off, leaving the PFD on for my aircraft attitude needs and get a nice framerate boost. Especially for those of us who might have a RXP window open, the temporary loss of the MFD map in those cases is an acceptable workaround.

There must be something particular to how Carenado does that Map/Nav data on these glass gauges that causes the FPS hit.

As always YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ ..... Very good point John.

I read other posts from people saying "just turn off both screens when the FPS gets low, and use the pop-ups, which was not a viable option for me ........ but turning off just the MFD is doable, and makes a pretty good difference.

To be honest, what I am doing at the moment, is running with the whole external model deactivated in the model.cfg. I am a hardcore "inside the plane" person, so the only bit I miss out on, is looking at the plane before I get in it, and after I get out of it. :lol:

Although clearly turning off the external model does not help with the G1000s in the VC, the impact of not having the external model does offset the G1000, and frame rates stay consistently high.

Hopefully Carenado will address the staggeringly high performance demand of this aircraft's G1000, and I can have my external model back. :wink:

I too have also noticed the MFD is dragging down the frames rate, I also turn the MFD off in highly detailed autogen areas and the frame rate becomes very much boosted...it certainly is a "work around" until they hopefully get their heads around a possible SP fix (or not).

I have to say though that if I fly in a "low hit" scenery area the SR22 is consistantly good on FPS, and others clearly will find and report the same good frame rates...but bring Orbx into the equation and the extra load on the system generates surges and spikes of approx 15fps difference when locked at 30 fps on a i7 clocked to 4.2, ...clearly the MFD is the culprit

Lets all hope for a fix to turn a great GA model release into a perfect one!

Yes, I see the same Shaun - rather than a markedly low frame rate, it's those dips...... in light areas, I'll generally see 29.9 FPS (locked at 30), but in dense areas, I'll drop to an average of about 23 FPS, but with dastardly drops to 10 FPS ruining the party!

I'm very dissapointed. In this airplane with G1000 turned on I get worse frames than NGX! About 20FPS, stutters galore. With avionics off frames are normal, 30 locked @ 30, smooth.

I'm very dissapointed. In this airplane with G1000 turned on I get worse frames than NGX! About 20FPS, stutters galore. With avionics off frames are normal, 30 locked @ 30, smooth.

Yes me too. I fly in a real SR22 GTSx almost every weekend (not mine alas!), and so had real interest in this, but the performance and stutters are too bad to enjoy, and I unistalled it.