Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

Landing Light?

Hello all. Overall the Cirrus is a very cool plane and product from Carenado. I have many of their aircraft and enjoy each of them. At this point, I only have one question. I don't see a light bloom on the landing light under the spinner. Could be the rendering my video card is providing. I see the light cast on the ground, but not a bloom. I am using a GeForce M 540GT with latest drivers. All else looks great! Just curious if anyone else having this issue. A fix? Trust me its not make or break, just curiosity on my part.

Thanks all,

Kevin

I don't have the bloom either, maybe they will provide that light along with the white nav they left out in the upcoming patch!

Yeah I noticed the missing light bloom on the landing light too, hopefully they will add that in a service pack.

In the meantime I added my own via Shockwave Lights which works pretty well.

For those that have it, here is the entry:

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 10, -4.00, 0.00, 1.70, fx_vclightcareec,

light.1 = 5, 2.5, -0.0, -1.5, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_no_flare

--John near KPAE

Yeah I noticed the missing light bloom on the landing light too, hopefully they will add that in a service pack.

In the meantime I added my own via Shockwave Lights which works pretty well.

For those that have it, here is the entry:

[LIGHTS]

Wow that looks really nice, good find!! Thanks! ^_^

Noticed the landing light issue too. But I thought I was crazy when I couldn't find the white Nav light. Good to know i'm not the only one.

Sigh.

Noticed the landing light issue too. But I thought I was crazy when I couldn't find the white Nav light. Good to know i'm not the only one.

Sigh.

Ah yes I think I have confirmed the missing rear facing white nav lights in the following SR22 lighting maintenance info doc :

http://www.inetefb.c...M/pdf/33-40.pdf

"The airplane is equipped with an anti-collision strobe light assembly mounted to the outboard surface of

each wing tip. The light assembly includes a red (LH wing) or green (RH wing) navigation light in the forward position, an anti-collision strobe light in the middle position, and a white position light in the rear position. The navigation and position lights are controlled through the NAV light switch on the instrument panel bolster. 28 VDC for navigation light operation is supplied through the 5-amp NAV LIGHTS circuit breaker

on non-essential bus"

So it looks like Carenado did a good job modeling the red and green leading nav lights and the middle strobes but is missing the white nav lights in the rear position.

I reported it to Carenado with a ticket (along with the missing landing light flare), but in the meantime I also I took a shot at using the Shockwave 3D lights to add the flare for the missing white rear nav light, as well as the flares for the red and green positional nav lights here in case anyone wants to try it:

[LIGHTS]

light.2 = 3, -5.55, -18.76, 0.18, fx_shockwave_navred,

light.3 = 3, -5.55, 18.76, 0.18, fx_shockwave_navgre,

light.4 = 3, -6.10, -18.81, 0.18, fx_shockwave_navwhi,

light.5 = 3, -6.10, 18.81, 0.18, fx_shockwave_navwhi,

EDIT: slight tweak of the light position to be more accurate

--John near KPAE

No worries Andy, glad we are able to do a workaround using Shockwave lights :good:

I still hope Carenado fixes it in a service pack, but from looking at the lights, it looks like it is built into the model and so they might not have modeled the white part of the light at all, so not sure if it is an easy patch for them.

--John near KPAE

Update: I got a nice quick reply back from Carenado on my support ticket I sent last night (great support).

They confirmed that they will work on adding the landing light bloom for a service pack, but they said the SR22 Turbo model doesn't have the rear white nav light, so that is why it isn't modeled.

I wasn't able to find a maintenance document specific to the Turbo model and have no real world experience with it, so I will defer to their expertise on it and will comment out those 2 white nav lights in my light config above.

--John near KPAE

...but they said the SR22 Turbo model doesn't have the rear white nav light, so that is why it isn't modeled.

I wasn't able to find a maintenance document specific to the Turbo model and have no real world experience with it, so I will defer to their expertise on it and will comment out those 2 white nav lights in my light config above.

While I don't profess to be the authority on the Turbo, I don't think Carenado's statement is correct.... I'll have to research a bit more though.

I'm familiar with the SR20 and it does have the white position lights (for further viewing

). I know the SR22 has a pretty similar (if not identical) wingtip light housing. I don't see why Cirrus would change design of that fitting aside from adding/changing-out LED lights - for which there are aftermarket alternatives from Whelen and others... Anyhow, like I said, since I don't have access to an SR22T (darn!) I'll ask on the COPA board.

But - this alone makes me question Carenado's response: Link to big picture of an SR22T

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Thanks Trevor, that SR22T picture does seem to call into question their response.

I look forward to hearing what you find, maybe if you confirm and they hear from multiple customers they will revisit it, although I do wonder if having to rework the modeling exceeds what they are able to do in a patch.

I'm still really enjoying this plane and very glad I bought it, it would just be great to have those kind of things accurate.

--John near KPAE

Does Anyone know what the settings are to swap out the Strobe lights to Shock Wave Strobes? I used the other settings you guys posted here and they are GREAT!!! Thanks for any help with adding Shockwave Strobes to the SR22

Does Anyone know what the settings are to swap out the Strobe lights to Shock Wave Strobes? I used the other settings you guys posted here and they are GREAT!!! Thanks for any help with adding Shockwave Strobes to the SR22

Unfortunately I don't think we can overlap the Shockwave strobes in because they will blink at a different rate than the stock ones and the stock ones are part of the model.

--John near KPAE

Kludger, Sounds like it makes sense.. Cause I do not see their strobe lights in the Config!!!! What happens if you were to ADD the shockwave Strobes how do you find the Orig coordinates to try to place the shock wave strobes OVER the orig strobes?