Sign in to follow this  
yellow5

Landing Light?

I've been having problems with the stock Carenado landing lights appearing square... anyone have that happen and if so, how did you fix it?

Tom McDonald

So I know this is a year old but I'm having the same issue as Tom with a new purchase of the Cirrus (which I assume is updated?). Was this ever resolved?

I want to like this plane more but it is missing those finer details. I've been flying the eaglesoft sr22 more lately even though it has the avidyne setup.

So I know this is a year old but I'm having the same issue as Tom with a new purchase of the Cirrus (which I assume is updated?). Was this ever resolved?

Sorry it took so long for a reply, I ended up contacting Carenado support about this. They told me to change my settings to match the suggestions in the SR22 folder - which inside the Carenado folder in your FSX root directory. That seemed to fix it. Hope this helps!

Tom McDonald

Thanks Tom,
That narrowed it down to either Lens Flare or DX10. Disabling DX10 did the trick. Not only did it fix the lights but also brought back my window scratches and my prop shine effect.
Kind of a bummer since I paid for Steves DX10 fixer but I'll play with the settings and see if I can get the best of both worlds.

Thanks for your response!

Thanks Tom,

That narrowed it down to either Lens Flare or DX10. Disabling DX10 did the trick. Not only did it fix the lights but also brought back my window scratches and my prop shine effect.

Kind of a bummer since I paid for Steves DX10 fixer but I'll play with the settings and see if I can get the best of both worlds.

Thanks for your response!

Agree, I have the same problem after investing on SteveDX10 Fixer, but it is a shame as this is the only aircraft in my hangar and so far is the only issue that I have since switching to DX10 preview...

Hey jcmmg,
If it helps at all, it turns out that if you disable DX10 Lights in Steve's it will fix the problem with the SR22's landing lights.
I haven't seen a significant impact on the standard lights throughout FSX yet (though I'm sure it's changing something).
However I still can't get the prop shine and window scratch effects back unless I turn of DX10 completely. Since my system gets buggy with DX9 I just deal with the loss.
I'm still fiddling though, if I find the culprit I'll let you know.