Sign in to follow this  
aro121

MD11 and new graphic engine ?

Despite a core following of MD-11 users,the MD-11 didn't sell very well (hard to believe,isn't it?)

For this reason,they would probably not get a good return on their investment.

Pity really,as it's a nice plane to fly.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

My favourite plane, in many ways I enjoy flying the MD more than the NGX. Rob from PMDG answered clearly on this in the interview, no v2 of the MD -11 will be made. The project did cost a huge lot of money and they did not get the ROI that they needed.

23.png

He actually never used the word money or the acronym ROI lol What he did say, however is that it was a long project and a difficult project and they learned a lot about what not to do. I would love a DC-3.. Ah but that is why there is no FS9 support Basically can't get a proper return on the investment.

Thank you for the reply but it got me a big upset :huh:.

One more thing. Which aircraft are scheduled to V2?

Aro

747 only.

The MD-11 is as good and better than alot of other stuff out there still.

Put HD liveries and bump maps on it and the external is even better.

On the VC remember the real MD-11 is more bland than a Boeing, there isn't a million toggle switches to make look impressive, there's mostly flat buttons.

It's a night time cargo hauler - and the VC has great night lighting and looks BEST at night. Panel lights on with minimal use of flood lighting it's beautiful.

Heres a dawn shot one of my flights, you can still make it look nice!

http://forum.avsim.net/uploads/gallery/album_77/gallery_264169_77_463737.jpg

It's regrettable that PMDG does not consider a V2 for the MD-11. However, their 747-400 needs the overhaul more than the MD-11. Compared to releases of the same generation like the Maddog and Level-D, the MD-11 VC looks very good. I don't have that awful feeling when switch to it from the NGX. I had to uninstall the 747-400 because I could not tolerate the inferior and dated graphics.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

As few guys stated above - MD11 does not need V2 that much. At least for the moment... Keep in mind, that graphics overhaul would induce a lot of whining, like it was when NGX became available.

It is beautifull, very interesting to fly and cockpit concept (not sure if this is the right word) is very nice for simulator, where there is no actual FO on your right.

And +1 to DanW for "night cockpit" thing! Exactly my thoughts, if we talk about eye candy. :)

From what I understand, part of the reason nothing can be done to update the MD-11 is due to the project mostly being handled by someone who is no longer part of the PMDG team (you may know who I'm referring to) so there are legal issues surrounding it.

Don't see how it could be a legal issue,if the work is property of PMDG, not "the developer".

+1 for the night flights :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020