Sign in to follow this  

Quick questions on textures

Hi,

does Opus provide its own cloud textures ?

Can Opus use third party textures ? F.i. REXE ones

If in a certain airport there is a dense fog can I expect Opus to render it properly ? Same speech for whatever weather conditions.

Is Opus able to reproduce a real overcast ? REXE for instance can't at all.

Thanks in advance

Hello!

If you read the pinned FAQ topic found here:

http://forum.avsim.n...pic/396956-faq/

you'll find out that Opus doesn't provide textures but works well with free and payware textures (REXE being one of them).

From what I have seen, Opus produces overcast conditions and chancing weather really well. A lot better than REXE at the moment.

I would suggest that you also visit the official Opus forum to see what is available now and what thinks are planned for future releases. Opus releases updates a staggering speed. This should help you see what works for you.

Happy flying!

Hi,

does Opus provide its own cloud textures ?

Can Opus use third party textures ? F.i. REXE ones

If in a certain airport there is a dense fog can I expect Opus to render it properly ? Same speech for whatever weather conditions.

Is Opus able to reproduce a real overcast ? REXE for instance can't at all.

Thanks in advance

Opus does not provide sky or cloud textures. Just install whatever textures you wish into the simulator and let Opus produce the RW weather. We also recommend the excellent soft natural FEX textures, you will see plenty of examples and screen shots in our Flight1 forum (you can access it via our website).

HDEv2 freeware cloud textures work fine in FSX but not the sky textures, for those, you'll need to download the ones upgraded by Danny Glover (here).

To answer your questions ... its a definite YES to all of them.

Stephen :smile: