Sign in to follow this  

Hi, all.

First of all Big Thank You to "Paul J", and "westman" for their advice.

and one more thx to Word Not Allowed for his Hardware Guide :)

So I'm going to buy

1) Intel i7-2700K with Corsair H80i

2) Asus Sabertooth z77

3) Samsung 840 SSD 250GB

4) Graphic Im going to buy in next months and im still considering EVGA GeForce GTX 660i or 670?

5) RAM 2x4GB

But I have some last question...

I was going to buy 2x4 GB Ram G.Skill [TridentX] F3-2400C9D-8GTXD (2400mhz, cl9)

but my supplier don't have them and he offer me Corsair Dominator Platinum (2133mhz, cl9)

What do you think about my specyfication?

Should I take Corsair (in addition, they will be even more expensive about 20$ than my first choice G.Skill from another supplier )

Which card 660i or 670?

Best to all

Maciek

Hi, Maciek:

Never had an issue with any Corsair product, so Dominator ram, and the 670.

The system will be great (with the other drives, per your pm), but don't get too excited - FSX can still bring the pc to it's knees! :lol:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi

The 2700k support not any higer then 2133mhz the Corsair is just fine

If you go for 2400mhz you must downclock them

Hi

The 2700k support not any higer then 2133mhz the Corsair is just fine

If you go for 2400mhz you must downclock them

Will 3770K support 2400mhz ?

How I suposed to downlock them, its automatic process or I will have to do something in bios?

Im asking because G.Skill are faster and cheaper than corsair,

I just want to be sure that Im doing right to buying slower and more expensive ram :)

The 3770k supports 2400mhz

You enable xmp in bios , think its a guide somwere in the forum i not familiar to the Asus Sabertooth Bios.

Downclock you enable xmp settings for 2133 instead of 2400

The Corsair is more expensive probaly for they a rated cl 9 with 1.5v

G-Skill 2400 cl9 1.65v if you lucky with the chip they do 2133 at 1.5v but you probaly need 1.55-1.6v

I'd encorage you to compare the specs of the Samsung 830 and 840 before commiting to the 840. Samsung went from having a single mid range drive (830) to a low end (840) and high end (840 Pro) drives. The 830 falls somwhere between the two in terms of performance but costs about the same as the base 840.

I'd encorage you to compare the specs of the Samsung 830 and 840 before commiting to the 840. Samsung went from having a single mid range drive (830) to a low end (840) and high end (840 Pro) drives. The 830 falls somwhere between the two in terms of performance but costs about the same as the base 840.

Thank you very much, thats very valuable advice, and Yes i will change ssd to 830 version.

Thanks once again.

The Corsair is more expensive probaly for they a rated cl 9 with 1.5v

G-Skill 2400 cl9 1.65v if you lucky with the chip they do 2133 at 1.5v but you probaly need 1.55-1.6v

But if I get Corsair Ram and I will give them higher voltage I can also get what G.skill have 2400mhz?

+1

Definitely go the 830 vs the 840 non pro version. In my opinion the pro version wasn't worth the extra cost.

Hi

I have not test any Corsair 2133 kit , mems is like the CPU you can have a bad chip not OC good.

Probaly they do over 2400mhz on a 3770k but not more than 2300mhz with the 2700k if you want to struggeling with BCLK.

To straight things out .

My Team 2600 Max MHz on a 2700k was close to 2300mhz (bound by the CPU memcontroller) swap to

a 3770k a mange to OC the same kit do 2970mhz cl11 and i was probaly bound by the memcontroller.

The XMP settings iam not Very familiar with, dont run Xmp set evrything included subtimings manual to get most out

of the mems.

Ok one last and fast question :) from this 3 choice which one I shoudl take. I can get them all in almost the same price.

a ) Corsair 2x4GB 2133mhz cl9 1,65 volt, hinix is inside

b ) TeamGroup Xtreem 2x4GB 2400mhz cl9 1,65 volt, inside samsung

c ) TeamGroup Xtreem 2x8GB 2400mhz cl10 1,65 volt, hinix inside

All the same voltage, TeamGroup 2400mhz.

Considering the price and the capacity, Is the CL9 is so important that i shoudl take less memory or maybe not only for FSX but also for the whole system, and for the furure :) beter take 2x8GB cl10.

Any other advice ?

I'm not so familiar with computers so i would rather take bigger :) 2x8GB when the price is almost the same, but don't know is this CL9 beside CL10 is soo important?

16gigs is overkill for most users. B is the better choice, lean and mean, for FSX.

Thanks.

So probably i will buy TeamGroup 2x4gb 2400mhz, 1.65v, CL9

If i lower frequency to 2133 can i receive lower CL or lower voltage witch is good (right)?