Sign in to follow this  
HBelz4

South of the Border with the Tri-Star :-)

Hey all, long time no postings, so I needed do break out the old Aerosim :p0502: and paint by our good friend Ed! Modified her just a tad with a fictional LC holiday charter livery, but here she is in all her glory, on a quick hop from MMTC-MMMX :mexico-flag: . I am checking out all my new Taxi2Gate scenery packs. I was so impressed with their KSTL one, that I picked up pretty much every other one they had. Nice and detailed, LOW FPS hit. Enjoy!! :drinks:

SCENERY - Taxi2Gate MMTC - Torreon, Mexico

REX for FS9

PLANE - Aerosim L-1011-500

ScreenHunter_01Jan241427_zps87da98aa.jpg

Cleared for take-off runway 12

ScreenHunter_02Jan241437_zps36110b9d.jpg

Postive rate....Gear up!

ScreenHunter_03Jan241439_zpsdb05b27e.jpg

Into the wild blue yonder

That is awsome, super crisp! Thanks for sharing.

Morten

23.png

My all-time favorite bird, great shots Hank!

\Robert Hamlich/

Well @Ed, it is YOUR paint that makes the livery so good! Throwing a chincy '80's retro font doesn't make it, but thanks :-) Oh an congrats on being the foum member of the month! :Party:

The tail-mounted engine section must have been difficult to model, similar to how the upper deck of the B747 is an annoying design spot. I like the nice and simple livery, though I had not realized that the L-1011 is that short and stubby.

Very Impressive!!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

yikes first and second screenshots look like photos

Aharon

Agreed. This really how the planes looks in game? Amazing if so, better than anything I've seen in FSX even.

Wow! I thought that was a picture of the real aircraft. Where did you get the L1011?

Where did you get the L1011?

It is from Aerosim website. I wanted to buy Aerosim L1011 and DC-8s but the website is in all Japanese language and I cannot make heads or tails out of it so I did not buy.

Also, although Aerosim L1011s and DC-8s are FS2004, many people have no problem flying them in FSX with FS2004 panels intact!! How? I do not know!!

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

though I had not realized that the L-1011 is that short and stubby.

The -500 variant is the shorter version in the 1011 family :-)

Agreed. This really how the planes looks in game? Amazing if so, better than anything I've seen in FSX even.

Yes, I didn't modify the screenshots at all. As, I said Ed's paint takes the glory for this as the phot-real paint really stands out.

It is from Aerosim website. I wanted to buy Aerosim L1011 and DC-8s but the website is in all Japanese language and I cannot make heads or tails out of it so I did not buy.

Also, although Aerosim L1011s and DC-8s are FS2004, many people have no problem flying them in FSX with FS2004 panels intact!! How? I do not know!!

Aharon

There is an English site to Aerosim too! http://www.aerosim.co.jp/ just click ont he ENGLISH button on the right and buy it :-)

Thank you all for the comments. Thinking about a little run over to CCS today. Look for more screenies!