Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Anyone interested in writing the code for Emerg Parachute Deployment in FSX?

One of our most recent FSX addons is a Turbo Cirrus SR22 but the developer chose not to implement the CAPS. This is the Cirrus Airframe Parachute System.

They programmed everything up to and including pushing the red handle but stopped short of including the rocket firing and parachute deployment and all the fun that follows.

Instead of the sound of a small rocket firing a fairly clear message appears: WARNING The red emergency handle on the ceiling activates (sic) the aircraft ballistic deployment emergency parachute, if you push it, the flight simulation experience will be terminated and will reset.

I had much rather have some sort of parachute deployment simulation, even if not totally realistic.

I have personally always associated the Cirrus aircraft with a vision of the aircraft floating down with a dead engine but a live parachute. I think it is just part of the Cirrus Mystique.

So, do you know someone that might venture into the murky waters of adding a simulation to a simulation? Heck, if it is good enough, maybe the developer would bless it. Maybe not.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

It's been included in every Cirrus SR20 and SR22 in Eaglesoft Development Groups Cirrus Series.

It is propietary to those models and will be included in our own SR22Turbo GTSX with "Perspective" Avionics.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

It's been included in every Cirrus SR20 and SR22 in Eaglesoft Development Groups Cirrus Series.

It is propietary to those models and will be included in our own SR22Turbo GTSX with "Perspective" Avionics.

Hello Ron,

Is that a 'this year' look ahead? Sounds good.

Ray

Bill Leaming and myself brought that tech into FSX, like an ejection seat its a feature most never appreciate enough to make including it worth the trouble involved, the bounding box issue probably went unresolved, it causes spot view issues.

The addition of a chute addon would need to be done with simconnect calling an AI object , adding something like CAPS to this model itself cant be done, at least legally.

Hello Ron,

Is that a 'this year' look ahead? Sounds good.

Ray

Yes Ray, we intend just that which also includes "Turbo FDE and Turbo Sounds". Chuck is correct about what is involved in producing this feature and it's proprietary nature.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Bill Leaming and myself brought that tech into FSX, like an ejection seat its a feature most never appreciate enough to make including it worth the trouble involved, the bounding box issue probably went unresolved, it causes spot view issues.

The addition of a chute addon would need to be done with simconnect calling an AI object , adding something like CAPS to this model itself cant be done, at least legally.

Thanks Chuck, I didn't know any of that. Takes care of that issue.

Ray