Sign in to follow this  
Walt90

XPlane Key Command File

Could someone look in their Xplane10/Output/Preferences folder and see if the files are identified as .prf or PICS Rules File.

Also, what is the exact name of the Keys file or files.

Thanks.

"General discussions focusing on the XPlane simulator. Help and user guidance on this simulator is available here."

Really? Thanks for everyones help and guidance on my question.

Hi walt sry . I guess most are involved with flight models etc;. :)

Anyway I went and had a quick look and found they are all .prf files The one on keys is called "Plane-Maker Keys.prf" [edit] oops try "X-Plane Keys.prf" instead.

They're all txt files.

hope thats the info you wanted.

Thank you Jason.

Not sure why mine are identified as type PICS Rules File. I did just purchase an addon package that included custom key commands. Maybe that package changed the file type. I'll contact them but first I needed to know how the files were identified on other peoples installation.

Hi Keith,

Just a week ago I did a new/fresh (hd reformat) install of Win 7 from Vista for XPlane 10. No idea if the PICS file id was there after the Win 7 install. I did find a way to open the PICS file in Notepad. That changed the file type designation from PICS to .prt. All is fine now.

Thanks for the help.