Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Thai Creations Paro Bhutan addon problem

FIXED --- see bottom of post.

I purchased the THAI CREATION - KUZU ZANGPO BHUTAN - PARO INTL VQPR FSX

airport but I have a large hole where the airport is supposed to be. On the website it says that could happen and they provided a link to a fix. Here is the text and link to FS2004 mesh file in AVSIM database.

Important!!!! please read carefully and do as instructed.

Mesh in the FSX is not good. The airport will sink into the ground.

You need to download Himalaya mesh file name fs_him_01.zip (http://library.avsim...e=fs_him_01.zip) freeware from www.avsim.com (recommend) or use Fs Global program.

I downloaded this file. Where do I put the mesh_Himalayas_Kula_Kangri_LOD10.bgl and mesh_Himalayas_MtEverest_LOD10 files?

When I put them in C:\FSX\SimMarket\Paro International Airport FSX\Scenery the runway and airport are still stuck in a hole.

Can someone who has this product tell me how to get it to look right. There must be a way because it has favorable reviews from FSX users.

thanks,

FIXED!!! --- HERE'S HOW:

Also download the LOD 9 files by the same author (Holger Sandmann) and put those in the SimMarket\Paro International Airport FSX\Scenery directory. The airport now has the correct altitude.

Nathan

FIXED --- see bottom of post.

I purchased the THAI CREATION - KUZU ZANGPO BHUTAN - PARO INTL VQPR FSX

airport but I have a large hole where the airport is supposed to be. On the website it says that could happen and they provided a link to a fix. Here is the text and link to FS2004 mesh file in AVSIM database.

Important!!!! please read carefully and do as instructed.

Mesh in the FSX is not good. The airport will sink into the ground.

You need to download Himalaya mesh file name fs_him_01.zip (http://library.avsim...e=fs_him_01.zip) freeware from www.avsim.com (recommend) or use Fs Global program.

I downloaded this file. Where do I put the mesh_Himalayas_Kula_Kangri_LOD10.bgl and mesh_Himalayas_MtEverest_LOD10 files?

When I put them in C:\FSX\SimMarket\Paro International Airport FSX\Scenery the runway and airport are still stuck in a hole.

Can someone who has this product tell me how to get it to look right. There must be a way because it has favorable reviews from FSX users.

thanks,

FIXED!!! --- HERE'S HOW:

Also download the LOD 9 files by the same author (Holger Sandmann) and put those in the SimMarket\Paro International Airport FSX\Scenery directory. The airport now has the correct altitude.

Nathan

Hello Nathan

Just one question, the Himalaya mesh that you mention says in the category "Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - Scenery" this is the correct file? Because I see that you use FSX

Ohter question, you mentioned that use FS Global program, I Have FTX Global, do you think that I shouldn't use the fix that you mentioned? I mean if FTX global is enough to avoid the problem that you descibed or I need to do all steps mentioned by you?

Thanks for your answare

Mauricio

Ohter question, you mentioned that use FS Global program, I Have FTX Global, do you think that I shouldn't use the fix that you mentioned? I mean if FTX global is enough to avoid the problem that you descibed or I need to do all steps mentioned by you?

If you mean FS Global mesh product then I think you probably don't need to download that custom mesh.

Yea I mean I have FTX Global (this one http://www.fullterra...ftxglobal.html)

I'm not sure when the recommendations say "or use FS Global" is referring to FTX Global

Well then you need the mesh, FTX Global doesn't include mesh data. 

The recommendation refers to a worldwide mesh product called "FS Global", I think there has been quite a bit of confusion between those since FTX Global got released. 

Well then you need the mesh, FTX Global doesn't include mesh data. 

The recommendation refers to a worldwide mesh product called "FS Global", I think there has been quite a bit of confusion between those since FTX Global got released. 

Thanks I solved the hole problem :Party:

I will try to land my 777 there hehehe

Hey please can you say how you resolve the problem with paro? ...

I have exactly the same problem, airport stuck... i use FSX too

I put the LOD 9 files from fs_him_b1.zip and the LOD 10 files in the same folder:

FSX\SimMarket\Paro International Airport FSX\Scenery

Next try, only the LOD 9 files alone and the LOD 10 files alone always in this folder but it still can't work :( what the wrong with thai creation ??  -_- 

Try to add the mesh files as separate addon scenery entry and put it below the Paro airport entry in it. 

Doesn't work... if anyone can show me what files and where i have to download them exactly and where i have to place them i will be happy :)

You don't need LOD 9 files, just fs_him_01 would do, but make sure that the "Texture resolution" under scenery tab on FSX is set to 30cm or higher.