Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Aivlasoft EFB Questions

Airport navigation (gates/ramps, taxiways, runways and headings), quick approach plate referencing, comprehensive SID/STAR overviews for individual airports, moving map, wind indicator, online traffic integration (AI, VATSIM, IVAO), VATSIM/IVAO integration (boundary lines, real time tunable available frequencies), weather/metar/taf lookup.....

There is plenty this efb does besides just reference chart data.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

I know that. It has really a lot of functions, but don't use it as primary navigation reference. It's for situational awareness only.

TOC and TOD calculation based on adjustable flight path angle, automatic flight logging, safe altitudes on charts, color codes for surrounding airports with or without instrument approach, remaining endurance prediction, heading to the nearest user selected enroute alternate and user customizable check lists.

Also having a moving aircraft on the approach plate (both top down and side view a.k.a descent path) helps in all too familiar situation where FSX ILS is missing or "INOP".

I might forget something but these help a lot :)

First time using it today. I noticed in the process manager it is using about 500MB of memory. Just want to make sure this memory that it uses its not part of the 4GB limit that limits fsx? I only have 6GB of RAM for my computer which has W7 and fsx on separate drives. Just want to get this figured out during the 30 day trial.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

I use EFb for all my flight planning. Its great at displaying SIDS and STARS on a map. Also tracks your plane and has winds. It might not be proper enough for some people but I find that its very easy to use and has a clear interface, especially on an ipad.

The only issue I have atm is that it cant display traffic. The TRFC button is greyed out. Can anyone help.

About the traffic. You have to tell which kind of traffic you want to be displayed. I think it might have been said here that AI, Vatsim and IVAO traffic is supported.

Just go to the EFB setting and choose the traffic you want. Then the button will be enabled for you.

About the traffic. You have to tell which kind of traffic you want to be displayed. I think it might have been said here that AI, Vatsim and IVAO traffic is supported.

Just go to the EFB setting and choose the traffic you want. Then the button will be enabled for you.

I am not seeing online vatsim traffic whe in ground mode. Any ideas? Moving map is enabled.

Eric 

I am not seeing online vatsim traffic whe in ground mode. Any ideas? Moving map is enabled.

You have the online traffic box checked in the options? As well as pressing the TRFC button in the dark grey menu bar at the bottom of the map?

Also, are you trying this with the NGX?

You have the online traffic box checked in the options? As well as pressing the TRFC button in the dark grey menu bar at the bottom of the map?

Also, are you trying this with the NGX?

Yes, yes and yes. To be clear I'm talking about seeing online traffic in EFB's ground map.

Eric 

I hope the answer is yes, but have you clicked the TRFC button also in the ground view so that the button has yellow edges around it (meens it activated). This selection is not global, meaning that it can be disabled/enabled for each view separately.

I that's not the case. I'm starting to run out of ideas.

Both and NGX and Aivlasoft use a lot of traffic over simconnect.

I remember reading that sometimes online traffic wouldn't show because NGX is hogging most of the space.

I know there are a few threads on it at the Aivlasoft forums. Don't know if they resolved it or not, or if that's even your issue.

First time using it today. I noticed in the process manager it is using about 500MB of memory. Just want to make sure this memory that it uses its not part of the 4GB limit that limits fsx? I only have 6GB of RAM for my computer which has W7 and fsx on separate drives. Just want to get this figured out during the 30 day trial.

The fact that it's listed separately in the process manager tells you right there that it's not part of FSX.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thinking of buying, one question about EFB integration with IVAO and Vatsim. According to the manual, to integrate with IVAO "the eye" needs to be installed but this program is now not available and not supported.

Is there an alternative to allow it to work with IVAO?

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

It would have been nice for me, but without the airway charts, it's not an "all in one package", which is the impression you get from the website. I ran it and didn't care for it. Waiting on the PMDG EFB...