Sign in to follow this  
BimmerCop

If I have offended anyone in the past...

...why the sudden guilt complex, did you forget to feed le cat? lol

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I like the fact that you speak your mind and you're not afraid to tell it like it is. Too many people are sycophants who won't say anything when, for example, people rock up and think they can fly a real 737 just because they have 100 hours in the PMDG god-plane.

Keep up the good work :biggrin:

I like the fact that you speak your mind and you're not afraid to tell it like it is. Too many people are sycophants who won't say anything when, for example, people rock up and think they can fly a real 737 just because they have 100 hours in the PMDG god-plane.

Keep up the good work :biggrin:

The God-Plane... L'meow! That is a good one, TT!

BTW TT, I think I'm making the move full-time to XP... I was able to get G2XPL (similar to TP) and guess what? GoogleMaps works with it. Only issue is they have a daily limit on how much you can access, so I switched to Bing Maps.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Ooo that is tempting. Have the XPX demo and liked quite a lot of it - so G2XPL is the XPX equivalent of TP, right? My only issue is that I have invested quite a lot in nice payware airports and REX/EZDok and the like so I think I'd miss them?

Ooo that is tempting. Have the XPX demo and liked quite a lot of it - so G2XPL is the XPX equivalent of TP, right? My only issue is that I have invested quite a lot in nice payware airports and REX/EZDok and the like so I think I'd miss them?

Yup, it's the equivalent of TP and works very good. It has more features than TP though. It will use CUDA if you have an nVidia card, it will also create night textures if you enable it, and all the settings can be adjusted via a nice GUI within the sim.

As for those FSX addons, yea, you will miss them indeed.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Yup, it's the equivalent of TP and works very good. It has more features than TP though. It will use CUDA if you have an nVidia card, it will also create night textures if you enable it, and all the settings can be adjusted via a nice GUI within the sim.

As for those FSX addons, yea, you will miss them indeed.

That sounds rather impressive. Think I will purchase the full version of XPX in the not too distant future :)

So I have a question Mr Bimmer - are you actually a cop?

That sounds rather impressive. Think I will purchase the full version of XPX in the not too distant future :)

So I have a question Mr Bimmer - are you actually a cop?

Yup, been a cop for 15 years.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Cool. Rather more exciting than my software engineering job I'd bet!

Cool. Rather more exciting than my software engineering job I'd bet!

lol It can be but it's not like Hollywood. In the movies and TV shows, you never see all the paperwork we have to do, going to court, etc etc... But it can be fun and especially being able to roam out and about without being fixed in a workstation for 8 hours, has it's benefits. I had more fun in Puerto Rico, where I was a Narcotics Detective for 9 years. I've been with my current department as a regular Police Officer for 6 years now. Two different job descriptions, by far.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Yeah I can imagine it isn't like Hollywood - UK police officers have the same problems of being bogged down with paperwork as well from what I can gather.

So tell me - what is the difference between a State Trooper and a regular Police Officer?

Yeah I can imagine it isn't like Hollywood - UK police officers have the same problems of being bogged down with paperwork as well from what I can gather.

So tell me - what is the difference between a State Trooper and a regular Police Officer?

None really... Troopers is just a name given to State Police Officers, more specifically to those that work highways. For the most part, Troopers only work the highway and do nothing else. Police Officers work traffic too but also work beats and take calls for service. For instance, I have a permanent beat I work every night and any 9-1-1 or call for service that's in my beat, I handle it. If I'm busy on another call, the closest adjacent beat officer gets the call. We also do patrols of neighborhoods, businesses, traffic enforcement, etc. Troopers, at least those you see on Interstates, all they do is traffic related work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Ah - I thought it was different levels/types of police force. In Italy they seem to have a 2 tier system with the carabinieri and polizia and I think in France they have the municipal police and the gendarmes so I thought it may have been like that. We're like you in that we have a single level.