Sign in to follow this  
CaptCraig

Ready for you to take my money

Just a curious question for the lot,

How much is TOO much money to spend on this fantastic aircraft? What amount would you have a hard time clicking purchase?

What would the add on have to be able to do for you to justify spending the amount you say is too much?

Most addons are worth way more than you pay for them...

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

For me, anything over $150 so I think I'm safe.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

Hi,

Curiously, the word which comes to my mind regarding the value of that addon makes me thinkof an advertisement for a mean of payment:

FsX..................................$ xx

A computer to run it......$ xxxx

Hardware to fly...............$ xxx

Getting PMDG T7.........PRICELESS

For everything else there is ***...

Ok I'm not native english speaker so I'm not pretty sure of the way it could be read, but it just reflects my thought that I will buy it whatever the price is.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I am likely to buy it at virtually any remotely reasonably price. I would have paid pretty much anything for the PMDG 737NGX, and expect the 777 to be just as good. Problem for me is I'm not much of a long haul guy, hence the reason I go from "pretty much anything" on the NGX to "remotely reasonable" on the 777.

The real question of cost though comes in when you think about all the add-ons you won't touch again. My airliner flying is all in the PMDG JS41 and NGX (plus T7 when available). Even my beloved oldies like the MD-11, LDS 767 and Maddog sit in the hangar now.

My only branching out is for genre that aren't well covered by these three aircraft like warbird or modern military.

Eric Szczesniak

Anything over $120 is really pushing it, as amazing as this airplane is it only adds a little chunk to the simulator compared to something more vast and flexible like global scenery.

even a flop like airsimmer has really given me valuable learning curves...I didnt ask for refund, however in entertainment aspect, it is buggy as hell.. $70 is the limit

I have to say, the add ons which I would have paid more for and use all the time are:-

My pure Gold list:

PMDG 737 NGX

Opus

Ideal Flight 10

FS2Crew

Aivlasoft EFB

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

80$ is the limit for me. Anything above is just weird, in my opinion, because I already know I'm not going to use all the functions the 777 has. I could use 80$ to buy three airports...

I'm used to paying the 60-70 for a really good product. I'm seeing a few $80, and a few $100. I think I'd pay as much as they asked even to try it once. We all know it's going to be a stunner, so you know you won't just try it once. :lol:

Can't wait for the bird fellas!

The most I've spent on an airplane was the NGX (I think it was $65 or something??)

The most I'd spend would be $80-100 if the plane was superb...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't want to speculate how good PMDG 777 will be. It's still based on aging FSX that is not supported by MS anymore. With all limitations in mind I don't really know what to expect. Bought PMDG 747 few years ago and it has annoying bugs that are not yet fixed (and never will).

My max price for airplane is $100-120

Suspect will ended up paying more for -200LR and -300ER