Sign in to follow this  
severniae

My little Pro ATC/X Review

It should also be mentioned that a voice control module in in the works for the future. I have never regretted my purchase of this product even though it is still in developement. Everyday it becomes another must have program just like opus. Great thing about it is we get to learn each new feature as it comes out.

Yes i have that feeling too, I've been looking at each of the release notes and every one seems to have a new feature, yet reduces, no increases the number of bugs. As I said in the review, I suspect that all those who doubt the software will be eating their words in a years time!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

I took the plunge a week or so back knowing that this was work in progress but also that it was at a stage to give me something in return. It has and all in all I'm glad I got it.

Its maybe a little on the high side for a WIP but someone is slaving over a hot keyboard and updates are coming at a steady and regular pace all good stuff.

Thanks for taking the time to write a balanced and fair review.

my prayers have been half answered... new update with AI interaction (only when airborne)...... this is getting better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed! Its a shame that theres nothing audible yet. Hopefully that will be integrated with the latest version, it would be nice to hear other aircraft being assigned a particular approach and then follow them round and be able to hear their instructions!

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Indeed! Its a shame that theres nothing audible yet. Hopefully that will be integrated with the latest version, it would be nice to hear other aircraft being assigned a particular approach and then follow them round and be able to hear their instructions!

They are working on it but I am specially interested how they will do this with the limited amount of available voices. It can become very confusing if you hear all the same voices everytime and only 10% of what you hear is meant for you. ATC is sometimes hard to decipher and hearing more talk won't really help there.

I'm thinking of purchasing this product as I want to start getting m,y flights more advanced. However I'm concerned about the lack of voices and how it works with UT2 and AS2012.

Can we get some updated flight videos of it in action? So close to buying now :)

They are working on it but I am specially interested how they will do this with the limited amount of available voices. It can become very confusing if you hear all the same voices everytime and only 10% of what you hear is meant for you. ATC is sometimes hard to decipher and hearing more talk won't really help there.

Also the voices are inconsistent! For example I was flying a Southwest flight, some voices pronouned the callsign (Southwest 742) others used the phonetic (SWA 742). At this point I have moved to PFE, which seems to do everything I want ATC to do (Short of actually controlling the AI!) including SIDS and STARS (Although that requires a little bit of setup, but works great!!) Withe the optional expansion pack you get plenty of voices, with regional accents. Then you can download the XPACK2 package for free from their forum, which makes them sound like radio chatter!! Check out my video!! (It is a full flight gate to gate)

http://forum.avsim.n...tor-video-long/

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

So I went ahead and pulled the plug. This is quickly becoming one of those programs that makes FSX feel empty when it's not running. There some things that need done but if you look at the frequency of updates it is pretty clear this is going to be a must have addon. And it works well enough now that I won't fly without it.

I'm not even sure how many voices they have now, but quite a few. The developers are adding voices and they provide a download that allows users to record their own voices so they are being added to all the time. You can pick certain voices as pilot, copilot and controller voices so it minimizes the confusion.

I've read that there is not much controller variety which should be one of the main features of an ATC program.

I'm not even sure how many voices they have now, but quite a few. The developers are adding voices and they provide a download that allows users to record their own voices so they are being added to all the time. You can pick certain voices as pilot, copilot and controller voices so it minimizes the confusion.

I have 8 voices installed right now but 1. the quality goes from nice to quite bad so some I'd rather not use, 2. some don't fit in the region I am flying and 3. I still wouldn't call 8 'quite a few' for an ATC addon. There only is ONE voice that I quite like (Alpha's one): the others I hope to replace with upcoming new ones. You can create your own set indeed and upload it and then the devs will make it available for download but up to now that has hardly happened. I don't have the idea the devs are actually adding voices themselves apart from the default ones and Alpha's voice.

Of the 8 installed voices I can only use 7 because you don't want to hear the pilot's voice acting as ATC too of course.