Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

Saitek X52 Maintenance. Sticky and jumps

I was looking for any input if any of you have done maintenance on your X52 (Non Pro) to fix stickiness and jumpness. Its just not very smooth. Most likely dirt and what not. Any particular lubrication/cleaner you using?

I read the Pot can stick some. And the wrong kind of lubrication can eat away at the plastic.,

Thanks

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I am writing an article on those and many other issues as we speak. Most of the time, just blowing out the dust will help, followed by using tuner spray (for cleaning rudder and throttle pots). Sometimes, the wiring fails, I will publish a detailed guide for that next week.

I am writing an article on those and many other issues as we speak. Most of the time, just blowing out the dust will help, followed by using tuner spray (for cleaning rudder and throttle pots). Sometimes, the wiring fails, I will publish a detailed guide for that next week.

Yeah just took mine apart and it was dusty or anything but used a can of silicone lubricant and cleaner safe with plastics and sprayed it on the pot. Plugged it in while opened and move the stick around and it seemed to have done the trick. With the throttle there wasn't much to do as there was a fair amount of grease there already. Just modified the detent at the top of throttle by trimming away at the tab thats in there. Left the reverse thrust detent in.

Guide would be most appreciated for sure. No reason why a $150 set should be thrown away when some lubricant can fix some issues.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

You shouldn't grease the inside of the pots with regular lube, it is good you used silicon one, I would still recomend cleaning it thouroughly with tuner spray (or redneck alternative, iso-propil alcohol, or even more redneck rubing alcohol, the higher concentration the better), and elevator and aileron pots are magnetic so they don't nead anything but blowing away dust. And make sure to calibrate it using fsuipc.

Hi there,

I am getting jumpiness and a 'stickiness' with the x52 pro.. I feel it may be the spring underneath? What is the suggestion

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

In which axis are you getting the issues, for elevators and ailerons, pots are magnetic so just open the cover and blow out any dust from the casing. If it is the rudder, it is probably the pot itself so you need to open it and clean the inside of the pot with tuner spray or isopropil alcohol. Another possible cause is the wiring to the pots which can get damaged, in that case, you need to change the default wires which are rather thin and flimsy with your own, you will need a soldering iron for the job. Bear in mind that all of the above void your waranty, and I am not in the least responsible for any damage you might cause to your controler. :D