Sign in to follow this  
Untouchab1e

xFuel - Fuel Planning app for Android

Hi all!

This is my first post here at Avsim, and hopefully not the last one. :)

I recently realized that what I need equally as much is a simple fuel planner app. I currently rely on various websites and calculators for doing it by hand, and figured it would be a good fit for an Android application.

Ive been hard at work and can now present to you xFuel, the fuel planner app for Android.

The list of features is subject to change, but currently the following is either already implemented or planned.

Origin and Dest Airport

Aircraft Type (Featuring a wide range of aircraft - 30+ atm)

METAR Weather

Toggle-able Metric/Imperial units

Rules (JAR, INTL, FARDOM)

Fuel Planning history

Proper Holo Android UI design

Supports Android 4.0 and newer

I would really appreciate feedback, ideas and suggestions. Im hoping others will find the app useful, but it requires input from those who want the app to be as good as possible :)

The app is pretty much finished at this point, but I figured before I published it to the Play Store I would try to poke around here and see if anyone has any suggestions? :)

Thanks all, and fly safe!

• Upvote 1

What are you using for aircraft source info? Many fly the pmdg ngx so having accurate data with respect to fuel burn is critical. Then we need a way to factor wind component for upper level winds. Something like +45 or -50 depending on direction of flight with respect to the winds aloft and fuel burn.

Without accurate aircraft data I would hesitate to use it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

What are you using for aircraft source info? Many fly the pmdg ngx so having accurate data with respect to fuel burn is critical. Then we need a way to factor wind component for upper level winds. Something like +45 or -50 depending on direction of flight with respect to the winds aloft and fuel burn.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Interesting. I actually do have PMDG aircrafts listed in there, but I might need to give winds some more thought.

Appreciate the feedback!

Pretty much the aame as the last guy, that and i dont use my mobile devices in fsx, but it might work for others, keep up the good work

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

How does it factor in altitude?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

After trying forever to build a simple app today, I would like to give you thanks for sharing, I know it must have taken many hours of frustration to release it!

Bravo, 'bout time us lowly Android users got something for FSX. This would be great for my Nexus 7 and I will buy for sure! THANK YOU

Steve

Steve Corzine

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Bravo, 'bout time us lowly Android users got something for FSX. This would be great for my Nexus 7 and I will buy for sure! THANK YOU

Steve

Thanks for the support! I have been trying to make sure that the app looks good on the Nexus 7, but will make some minor adjustments prior to release I reckon. Regardless, the app will be out within a few days at the latest! :)

Great news for me and my Sony Xperia P ! Can't wait to find it in the PlayStore Steve. :Hug:

Great news for me and my Sony Xperia P ! Can't wait to find it in the PlayStore Steve. :Hug:

Glad to hear it! Ill be sure to spread the word once I hit the publish button ;)

The app is now available on the Play Store for a reasonable fee, or you can grab it for free here, though keep in mind that you'll miss out on the OTA updates provided by the Play Store, as well as the chance to support the developer in his work ;)

I tried to announce this using my original account, but this forum refused to accept my newly reset password so had to create a new user account.

Enjoy the app and please let me know if you have any feedback!

Cheers!