Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

AVSIM Software and Hardware Guide for FSX

AVSIM is an enduring institution in the virtual aviation world providing a dependable and consistent platform to exchange knowledge and ideas. Over the years many of the leading flight simulation software and hardware gurus have graced these forums, gathering and honing their skills while dramatically increasing the quality of our hobby. Although a few names may stand out above others, the list of unique contributors is long and varied and we thank them one and all.

Hardware Forums Moderator Paul Johnson has put together the AVSIM Software and Hardware Guide for both the DX9 and DX10 versions of FSX. It incorporates the latest and best techniques and the tried and true standbys into detailed instructions on what to do and how to do it. Paul will periodically update the guide as needed on a regular basis as new information, equipment and methods evolve. We hope that you will benefit from the accumulated wealth of knowledge presented here.

Here it is: http://forum.avsim.net/fsx_guide.pdf

In order to use the embedded links within the guide you will need the latest Adobe Reader found here: http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

AVSIM is an enduring institution in the virtual aviation world providing a dependable and consistent platform to exchange knowledge and ideas. Over the years many of the leading flight simulation software and hardware gurus have graced these forums, gathering and honing their skills while dramatically increasing the quality of our hobby. Although a few names may stand out above others, the list of unique contributors is long and varied and we thank them one and all.

Nice

Classic ... Thanks

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

A lot of work and much appreciated particularly since the information is scattered throughout so many posts.

I look forward to reading this; great to have one comprehensive guide. Thanks Avsim...................

Great guide. Very similar to what we have already seen from Word Not Allowed.

One omission I noticed was there is no mention of Affinity Mask. Any reason for that at all?

Thanks to all who contributed to this wealth of great info!

Always remember to Find Your FUN!

-Bob

Thanks, I am about to upgrade my PC, so this is very helpful.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Thanks very much. It seems to be written in a way that computer donkeys like me can understand. Much appreciated :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Great piece of work, much appreciated.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I like the suggestion to use AlacrityPC to remove uneeded programs, but unfortunately all the versions I could fine seem to be only for XP and Vista, despite the sites saying it is a version supporting 64 bits and system 7. When I start the program, it gives me the choice only between XP and Vista saves.The original web site is inactive (cannot find).

Henri

Henri Arsenault