Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

AVSIM Software and Hardware Guide for FSX

@Tom, FYI I'm using Firefox 22.0 and I can download the guide fine.

Edit: just tried using Internet Explorer and that worked fine as well.

Steve's super duper DX10 fixer upper will get rid of all those issues and many more when it is released.  Very soon, I hope.

OK, that sounds great!

However while waiting maybe the best thing to do then at this moment is to go back to DX9 for now until it's available or do you think there's any chance Addon Converter X would also cure these issues?

Richard Åsberg

OK, that sounds great!

However while waiting maybe the best thing to do then at this moment is to go back to DX9 for now until it's available or do you think there's any chance Addon Converter X would also cure these issues?

I don't think so, however the two specific problems you mentioned will be repaired in Steve's program.  I'm just living with it till then.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Ok, thanks.

Then I'll just wait for Steve's program and use DX9 until then. Can't live with these issues myself in the meantime since I do all my flying online and seeing all online traffic in white pretty much spoils the fun flying online and also all my destination airports have AES which means also all jetways and marshallers will be in white.

Richard Åsberg

I have once again reinspected all items that could have an impact on or prevent accessing the H&S Guide. I have now tested all browsers again, and IE10 works as well as FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari and Avant. They all work as advertised. So, I don't know what to suggest other than to reboot your computer after you have cleared your browser cache.

I have once again reinspected all items that could have an impact on or prevent accessing the H&S Guide. I have now tested all browsers again, and IE10 works as well as FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari and Avant. They all work as advertised. So, I don't know what to suggest other than to reboot your computer after you have cleared your browser cache.

Done all that.  I've tried FF and IE on Win7, WinXP and Safari on MacOSX and no matter what, I get the same error message.  I don't get it either.  Maybe I should create a brand new account just so I can download this?  It doesn't make sense.  Is it possible to get it sent to me via a PM or something else?  I'm really sorry to be a pain here but I'd really like to see this.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Done all that.  I've tried FF and IE on Win7, WinXP and Safari on MacOSX and no matter what, I get the same error message.  I don't get it either.  Maybe I should create a brand new account just so I can download this?  It doesn't make sense.  Is it possible to get it sent to me via a PM or something else?  I'm really sorry to be a pain here but I'd really like to see this.

Check your IE compatibility mode. Check it so that it is in compatibility mode.

Tom Allensworth, on 27 Jul 2013 - 3:00 PM, said:

Check your IE compatibility mode. Check it so that it is in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode is on but I am now only able to use IE8. I only have access to a WinXP machine right now and I believe that's as high a version as I can go in that OS. Still, Safari and FF on my mac also fail. I can't believe I'm the only one on this site that has tried accessing this that has some tiny slight difference in ALL my browsers that is preventing me from downloading this file. Here's my latest attempt in FF with Firebug...This is from my mac.

GET fsx_guide.pdf

404 Not Found

forum.avsim.net

15.6 KB

205.252.89.43:80

1.06s

HeadersResponseCacheHTMLCookies

Response Headersview source

Connection Keep-Alive

Content-Encoding gzip

Content-Type text/html;charset=UTF-8

Date Sat, 27 Jul 2013 20:07:06 GMT

Keep-Alive timeout=5, max=100

Server Apache/2.4.4 (Unix) OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5

Set-Cookie pass_hash=ea69fd5614e11f9837e10a6380c803db; expires=Tue, 30-Jul-2013 20:07:06 GMT; path=/; domain=.avsim.net; httponly session_id=63edde97935805928e193129e11b1464; path=/; domain=.avsim.net; httponly

Transfer-Encoding chunked

Vary Accept-Encoding

X-Powered-By PHP/5.3.27

Request Headersview source

Accept text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8

Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate

Accept-Language en-US,en;q=0.5

Connection keep-alive

Cookie session_id=63edde97935805928e193129e11b1464; __utma=84685710.1152345705.1374953835.1374953835.1374953835.1; __utmb=84685710.13.10.1374953835; __utmc=84685710; __utmz=84685710.1374953835.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none); member_id=148664; pass_hash=ea69fd5614e11f9837e10a6380c803db; ipsconnect_f561778582d82f6995600f8226d1804d=1; coppa=0; rteStatus=rte

Host forum.avsim.net

Referer http://forum.avsim.net/topic/398023-avsim-software-and-hardware-guide-for-fsx/

User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0 FirePHP/0.7.2

x-insight activate

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Tom Allensworth, on 27 Jul 2013 - 3:21 PM, said:

Try this one time link:

http://forum.avsim.net/files/get/9f44e7582c1586860f01106dc9b9d994/58-Avsim%20Software

Nope. That doesn't work either. I guess I'm just destined to not see this file. Thanks for all your help in trying but I give up. The only thing I may try some day is to create a brand new account and then go get it.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Nope. That doesn't work either. I guess I'm just destined to not see this file. Thanks for all your help in trying but I give up. The only thing I may try some day is to create a brand new account and then go get it.

I just logged in as you and everything is fine with your account and the download works. The fact is, something is not right with your system. I will send it to you via PM.

I also still have the error message trying to click the PDF link and I've tried clearing my IE cache and doesn't matter if I'm in normal or compatbility mode.

No big deal though since I wanted to have a look in the guide to read about DX10 stuff but now decided I won't walk the DX10 path for the time being due to several issues.

This is exactly what happens and what I get clicking the link

AVSIM%20error%20message%20downloading%20

Richard Åsberg

This is exactly what happens and what I get clicking the link

Did you click on the banner as is suggested in the last sentence?

Yep, tried that but not sure what that is supposed to do other than it will bring me back to the Forums start page?

Richard Åsberg