Sign in to follow this  
3Green

Bombardier releases CSeries photos

Bombardier has quietly released new pictures taken in early January showing that it has attached the tail and landing gear to the first CSeries.

Photos here

RJ

That is a nice size jet. Tough market to penetrate though. The Turbo Props are making a comeback so the Dash 8 will continue to do well for them.

Matthew Kane

I doubt they will see anything out of those windows. Who builds such things? :mad:

It's them Canadians. They are nuts. See proof.

I doubt they will see anything out of those windows. Who builds such things? :mad:

That was funny...Canada, the best nation in the world to live.

Here are your instructions:

http://youtu.be/HOm-15621bs

Matthew Kane

:LMAO:

Nuts maybe, but when we build things, we use batteries that start in -50c and don't melt. :lol:

Hoping to ride that wild 787 someday....

RJ

I guess you have a point. Only few parts are tougher than Canadian ones.

tempsu.jpg

with some duct tape, and spray some WD40 to be sure, and we'll be flying in no time....Problem solved :ph34r:

Indestructible combo!

And more on topic. Those C series are an interesting setup. Side stick controls, geared fan engines. Sounds nice and modern. They'll fight against the Embraers and Superjets, huh?

I guess you have a point. Only few parts are tougher than Canadian ones.

Indestructible combo!

Matthew Kane

Oh yea, you just nailed it. Stick one of those bad boys on the 787, with some duct tape, and spray some WD40 to be sure, and we'll be flying in no time....Problem solved :ph34r:

And whats wrong with a little duck tape and WD-40 eh? :rolleyes:

I got my engineering degree in Canada and "stick" to the flowchart...

RJ

And whats wrong with a little duck tape and WD-40 eh? :rolleyes:

I got my engineering degree in Canada and "stick" to the flowchart...

Yes and what the problem is clearly that Boeing has been laying off too many Cajuns (or Acadians) or good ole Know How, and this is why the 787 keeps on failing. those Americans just don't understand the other engineers that try and make things work....LOL

Matthew Kane

That was funny...Canada, the best nation in the world to live.

Darn it, he never did explain how to keep rice from falling though the grill! :mad:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

They can't tell, it's part of the test! -_-

Geez, those pictures above. That one with the 'fixed' window. :O But the Pringles booster is great.

They can't tell, it's part of the test! -_-

Geez, those pictures above. That one with the 'fixed' window. :O But the Pringles booster is great.

Tape is often used to prevent the sealant applied between the window pane and the frame form getting wet before it's fully set. The tape is just acting as a cover, it doesn't have a structural function. And just in case anyone here doesn't know, the tape you can see in the other pictures (apart from the Pringles tube one) is called speed tape. It's a bit like duct tape, only massively more expensive and FAA certified. It's used for temporary repairs of small damages. It's only used when allowed by the aircraft's Structural Repair Manual (SRM) which is written by engineers who carefully calculate what the largest damage is you can still safely repair in this way.