Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Any way to have AI taxi, takeoff, land your plane?

There are certain times when I'd like to sit back and relax and watch someone fly the plane. That means turning on the plane from a cold & dark state, push back, taxiing onto runway, takeoff, descend to approach, land plane, taxi to gate and shutoff plane.

Is there a way or any sort of plugin for FSX that will do this?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Youtube

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Youtube

I agree. Why watch everything from the perspective of a bystander in a simulator when you can escape the graphics, natural (i.e., lack of natural human interaction, realistic ATC, etc.), and systems limitations of FSX by watching Just Planes or PilotsEYE.tv, especially since commercial aviation is already so automated?

Well its because I can't take nice screenshots when watching other people's youtube video and I can't control the camera either.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Fly the flight from C&D to C&D yourself. Record it with FSrecorder. Replay it when you want, control the camera and take screenies.

Fly the flight from C&D to C&D yourself. Record it with FSrecorder. Replay it when you want, control the camera and take screenies.

Good idea. FS Recorder is particularly useful for creating videos depicting passenger/wing views. However, it is important to note that most features of complex payware aircraft will not be recorded.

However, it is important to note that most features of complex payware aircraft will not be recorded.

Forgot to mention that-thanks

Another possibility is to go to the view menu,find one of the AI aircraft (scroll between them with the A-key) that is getting ready to take off, and watch it. If it is an airliner, it will probably go off the screen at some point. To watch a landing, choose one that is in the air with its wheels out and follow it until it reaches the gate.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Another possibility is to go to the view menu,find one of the AI aircraft (scroll between them with the A-key) that is getting ready to take off, and watch it. If it is an airliner, it will probably go off the screen at some point. To watch a landing, choose one that is in the air with its wheels out and follow it until it reaches the gate.

Possible, but one wouldn't be able to observe detailed cockpit procedures and a high-quality visual model that way.