Sign in to follow this  
3Green

Two United Boeing 777s clipped wings

When are these airport designers gonna provide us with a better AFCAD for Washington Dulles Airport? :lol:

Photos Here

RJ

I cringe seeing such an expensive and painful incident affect two of one of the most elegant aircraft painted in such a clean and neat livery. . . .

Oh no problem....That will just buff right out (sarcasm) :ph34r:

Matthew Kane

That will just buff right out

Haha, just what I was thinking, you beat me to it! lol

Here's the manoeuvre from the FCOM. :O

Same company - verified

Perform :friends:

Those flight crews will *never* sit in the front of a commercial aircraft again. So sad...

Those flight crews will *never* sit in the front of a commercial aircraft again. So sad...

Won't they? Do you have a source for that? Looking at the pictures the planes were at a gate, so at most one of the two crews would be at fault. More to the point, in aviation it has been realised that pilots are people, people sometimes make mistakes and the threat of punishment does not affect that. Thus this incident will be investigated with a view to discovering all the reasons that it could happen (rather than just blaming the pilots) and preventing them in future. Unless this incident was deliberate or the pilots were willfully negligent it shouldn't impact their careers.

If this was a Michael Bay movie, the planes would already have exploded or transformed. Or both. -_-

Won't they? Do you have a source for that? Looking at the pictures the planes were at a gate, so at most one of the two crews would be at fault. More to the point, in aviation it has been realised that pilots are people, people sometimes make mistakes and the threat of punishment does not affect that. Thus this incident will be investigated with a view to discovering all the reasons that it could happen (rather than just blaming the pilots) and preventing them in future. Unless this incident was deliberate or the pilots were willfully negligent it shouldn't impact their careers.

Not sure where I read it, but I thought I read that the parked 777 had been towed to the wrong lead-in line.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.