Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Vote for the next FSDT airport

That area even in default is a hard hit on FPS.

Default anything is going to be harder on FPS as MS didn't do anywhere near the job these 3rd party developers are doing with any of their stock airports. 3rd party scenery usually performs far better than default MS stuff.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Default anything is going to be harder on FPS as MS didn't do anywhere near the job these 3rd party developers are doing with any of their stock airports. 3rd party scenery usually performs far better than default MS stuff.

I do not think so.

Perhaps some generic regional scenery packages perform better, but considering the complexity and detail of many payware airports, it is difficult to imagine (and unlikely from personal experience) that they run better than default airports do.

How about something in the midwest? Dallas, Houston, Memphis, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Omaha, St. Louis, Louisville.

There's a St. Louis scenery already but I forgot who it's by...and which Dallas are you talking about? Love Field?

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

There's a St. Louis scenery already but I forgot who it's by...and which Dallas are you talking about? Love Field?

St. Louis is by Taxi2Gate and not bad.

BluePrint did KDAL and FSDT did KDFW.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well folks, my vote is for home....KSEA.

ORBX was rumored to be making a KSEA scenery to match its PNW series products; however, looking at their plans for 2013, it's not mentioned. FlyTampa has one for FS2004, but doesn't have one for FSX and frankly, as the "home" airport for FSX (ok Friday Harbor is, but the default puts you over Friday Harbor not on the airport)....we really need it.

Just one man's opinion...

Dave Lamb

Well folks, my vote is for home....KSEA.

ORBX was rumored to be making a KSEA scenery to match its PNW series products; however, looking at their plans for 2013, it's not mentioned. FlyTampa has one for FS2004, but doesn't have one for FSX and frankly, as the "home" airport for FSX (ok Friday Harbor is, but the default puts you over Friday Harbor not on the airport)....we really need it.

Just one man's opinion...

Dave Lamb

It looks like Flytampa is going to miss doing a ksea upgrade due to Frame issues in that area for FSX, http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6063 (Bottom of the page)

probably not ever going to happen but..... KSRQ (Sarasota/Bradenton International)

more realistically..... KATL (Atlanta Harsfield-Jackson International) <- busiest airport in the world

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

more realistically..... KATL (Atlanta Harsfield-Jackson International) <- busiest airport in the world

The KATL rebuild ImagineSim did last year is not bad at all.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Orbx isn't quality?

Being my home airport I think it looks great however my computer doesn't like it hence I don't fly into it, same with Brisbane. I would like to see FlyTampa do it though I would support them more doing SYD.

The KATL rebuild ImagineSim did last year is not bad at all.

Yes that was a surprising improvement.