Sign in to follow this  
Talek

how to change these STARs with vectors

hi

for example i have this:

STAR -> Vector

Direct -> A

I want my route continue to A after the STAR and not a vector ....

If i put the A where "Vector" is, all my star is erased and i have a direct route to A.

so how can i change this with keeping the star ?

thanks

it's with the ngx FMC, but i think its the same with all other fmc ...

nobody knows ?

there is a screen if you didn't understand my question:

I want my route BBOGG to BENN instead of the vector, how can i do this ?

Hi!

If u accept this route first, and then go to your LEGS-page I think it should be easy to do that from there.

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Go to the Legs page:

1. Click on BENNN LSK

2. Click on the Vector LSK

3. Click the EXEC button to confirm the change

This over-writes the Vector command and takes you directly from BBOGG to BENNN.

However, it's likely that ATC would vector you to BENNN before reaching BBOGG anyway. So, since you're ignoring ATC, you don't have to actually go all the way to BBOGG. You can simply go into HDG mode as you approach BBOGG in order to turn the a/c toward BENNN and intercept the LOC at a ~30-degree angle.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

When I file a flight plan with vatsim that has vectors in it will they guide you to your next leg after takeoff?, I had a vector fromYSSY yesterday and the NGX went away from the legs I had to manually adjust heading, no doubt this is what I should have done and is no fault of the ngx. I get confused with vectors I take it they are put in because there is no waypoint from the star is that correct thanks Wayne?

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

If live ATC is available on IVAO or VATSIM, you will get vectors from some point on the STAR to the LOC intercept. In my experience this almost always happens before arriving at the "vector" point on the STAR. The only exception might be if ATC is totally slammed with traffic, and in that case you would fly the vector heading until ATC gives you other instructions.

Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Ok no worries so I won be left stranded then lol! If no atc I just dial heading or next waypoint correct?

Wayne HART

Ok no worries so I won be left stranded then lol! If no atc I just dial heading or next waypoint correct?

Yeah. If ATC is not online, you provide your own.

There are a couple of considerations here. For example, one of the flights I do most often is BOS-PHL. SSOXS is typically the first waypoint on this trip. There's an RNAV departure from certain runways at BOS named SSOXS2 that guides you through several waypoints to the SSOSX interchange. If SSOXS2 is valid for your departure runway, then you would put SSOXS2 as the first entry in your flightplan. If ATC approves this departure, then after t/o, you simply allow your a/c to follow the departure sequence, modified by whatever other instructions ATC gives you regarding initial altitude, etc. If however SSOXS2 is not valid for your departure runway (e.g., it's not valid for BOS 33L departures), then you would file your flightplan like this: LOGAN6 SSOXS [rest of plan]. In this case, if ATC approves the LOGAN6 departure, you'll be vectored to SSOXS shortly after t/o via a few heading changes, and you have to be familiar with the LOGAN6 departure which, for example, calls for a change from runway heading to 316 degrees at 2DME from the BOS VOR. Unless given other instructions by ATC prior to t/o, you would be expected to make this initial course change and then await further instructions from ATC.

I hope this is clear.

I will check the charts out to see what you mean I am pretty sure I US, thanks for explaining that I appreciate it.

Is SSOX the main interchange for departures from all runways? So no matter which direction you take off from you will be vectored to SSOX eventually?

Wayne HART

Is SSOX the main interchange for departures from all runways? So no matter which direction you take off from you will be vectored to SSOX eventually?

No. Have a look at the "SSOXS TWO" and "LOGAN SIX" departure charts here, and you'll get the hang of it. Note how on the LOGAN SIX there are a number of initial waypoints you can be vectored to depending on your route. Also note how the SSOXS TWO departure has no vectoring -- it's an RNAV departure with a defined path to SSOXS. There are also RNAV departures to other initial waypoints, e.g., "BLZZR ONE", "CELTK TWO", etc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I believe your airline's dispatch creates your route based on current airport operations, and I think it's typical for aircraft out of BOS to depart on the LOGAN SIX with vectoring to their specific initial waypoints.

No. Have a look at the "SSOXS TWO" and "LOGAN SIX" departure charts here, and you'll get the hang of it. Note how on the LOGAN SIX there are a number of initial waypoints you can be vectored to depending on your route. Also note how the SSOXS TWO departure has no vectoring -- it's an RNAV departure with a defined path to SSOXS. There are also RNAV departures to other initial waypoints, e.g., "BLZZR ONE", "CELTK TWO", etc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I believe your airline's dispatch issues your route based on current airport operations, and I think it's typical for aircraft out of BOS to depart on the LOGAN SIX with vectoring to their specific initial waypoints.

The dp's have what are called transitional waypoints so BLZZR CELTK and SSOXS are just that. Transitions.

That being said some RNAV DP's have several transitions.

Airlines do utilize "suggested routes" but obviously depending on congestion, airport environment, tfr's, or weather, the route will be adjusted accordingly.

I'm finishing up my IPL here in Boston now and I can't tell you how many times I didn't get what I filed for.

Also remember that the two departures are different in that they have different requirements for navigational purposes.

Edited by Sclouse02