Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

GSX/AES not working..then please report it here

hi,

if your talking about AVSIM , yes thats the good one. lucienpaquette@hotmail.com

always the same....also always same face....ahahahaahah

bye,

OK, thanks Lucien.

Have sent you an e-mail with a download link to our in-house recoding tool called "VoxRec".

Suggest you edit your post above to remove your e-mail address before the automated bots get hold of it and start spamming you with junk mail.

Suggest you change "youcontrol=ctrl=F12" to "youcontrol=ctrl+F12"

When GSX was first released it used the "Caps lock" key for it's default interface key, for whatever reason it was changed to "Shift+CTRL+F12", which is what MCE expects. I prefer to use the Caps Lock when not using MCE (Sometimes I can't because of the logistics of the area I have my system setup.) Is there a way I can change the key mapping to call up the interface within MCE, so I could do this?

Thanks

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

When GSX was first released it used the "Caps lock" key for it's default interface key, for whatever reason it was changed to "Shift+CTRL+F12", which is what MCE expects. I prefer to use the Caps Lock when not using MCE (Sometimes I can't because of the logistics of the area I have my system setup.) Is there a way I can change the key mapping to call up the interface within MCE, so I could do this?

Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, when you press the CAPS LOCk key, FSX immediately disables it. I guess something to do with "SHIFT+X" key assignments.

The CAPS lock light doesn't stay on. Probably why GSX changed it.

Since many versions back, MCE doesn't make assumption about default key anymore. It reads the key combo to use from ...AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\KeyMappings.ini

Latest MCE ersion is V2.6.8, suggest you update: http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

You can always use the Voxkey tool provided (not to be confused with VoxScript), to create your own voice commands tied to specific key combos and trigger anything in the sim that responds to those keys. It's not suitable for aircraft switches, as it doesn't check the status before toggling.

Unlike VAC, Voxkey is just an editor. It won't require a second instance of the speech engine running.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Voxkey

For FSX, edit profile "FSX Demo.vkp"

For P3D, edit profile "Prepar3D Demo.vkp"

Create your custom commands and close the tool.

At run time, MCE will look-up the relevant profile (depending on the simulator actually running), and make all those custom commands available for speech recognition.

You speak the command and a key combo is sent to the sim.

Let me know, if I misunderstood what you're trying to achieve.

Since many versions back, MCE doesn't make assumption about default key anymore. It reads the key combo to use from ...AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\KeyMappings.ini

Sorry I didn't get  to you sooner, but if that is the way it's suppose to work, then there is an issue, because GSX will not kick start unless GSX is set to "Ctrl+Shift+F12". Not a big problem, just a little inconvenient, I can live with it!

Also I found a new problem with Pushback. I'm having an issue with using "Ground Push to Left" or "Ground Push to Right" MCE repeats the command, so I know it understood it, (I even tried setting it up in a VOXscript) but in both cases it sets up a push Tail Left, Nose Right (Option 1) The only difference is Left selects the start engine option (Option 1) and the Right selects the no engine start option (Option 2). So it looks like some kind of sequencing problem. I asked David Herky about this since it seemed it work as it is suppose to  on his videos, and he stated, he has some issues with the pushback sequence as well and sets up macros using "Voice Attack" to get around them. I'm using latest MCE V2.6.8.0.

Thanks

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

, he has some issues with the pushback sequence as well and sets up macros using "Voice Attack" to get around them.

I assumed that the reason I could not get beyond the first GSX push back menu, to be linked to my PC set up. No two installs are identical. My P3d for example is P3dv3.0. I don't go down the "upgrade treadmill", since 99% of my add ons work 100% and I have super smooth flight in sim. Although I have the latest GSX iteration and naturally the latest MCE.

The failure to get past the first GSX Push Back menu pop-up, using MCE, was my issue. So having used Voice Attack in DCS, I employed its mouse macro facility to click the GSX "in screen menu" for push back. (Right or Left by different voice commands given to Voice Attack, which then runs the appropriate mouse macro.)

My solution works 99% of the time. However this relies upon the GSX window being in the same location on the screen, for the macro coordinates to work. Hence 99% of the time it does! It's an amateur solution to a problem!

All the other MCE commands with GSX are 100% reliable. The Push Back being the only one that was sticky for me.

With P3d constantly going down the "upgrade" treadmill, causing headaches for developers and frustration for customers, I sometimes think of reinstalling old FSX! At least that's a perennial platform that won't get interfered with.

I wouldn't mind P3d upgrades, if they actually did anything to the sim by way of improvement! In my opinion there is no difference between 3.0 and 3.45, or whatever number they are currently on.So lord knows where it is going. With each P3d "upgrade" something invariably "breaks"! Forcing devs to issue patches for their products and confusion for customers when stuff suddenly stops working when they "upgrade" to the shiny new P3d!

So that's my two penneth.

Best Regards

David

Sorry I didn't get  to you sooner, but if that is the way it's suppose to work, then there is an issue, because GSX will not kick start unless GSX is set to "Ctrl+Shift+F12". Not a big problem, just a little inconvenient, I can live with it!

Also I found a new problem with Pushback. I'm having an issue with using "Ground Push to Left" or "Ground Push to Right" MCE repeats the command, so I know it understood it, (I even tried setting it up in a VOXscript) but in both cases it sets up a push Tail Left, Nose Right (Option 1) The only difference is Left selects the start engine option (Option 1) and the Right selects the no engine start option (Option 2). So it looks like some kind of sequencing problem. I asked David Herky about this since it seemed it work as it is suppose to  on his videos, and he stated, he has some issues with the pushback sequence as well and sets up macros using "Voice Attack" to get around them. I'm using latest MCE V2.6.8.0.

Thanks

No worries, we'll look at it.

Can you just confirm FSX or P3D?

I think I will move to FSX-SE. The latest update to P3dv3.4 has this amongst other important flight simulator "upgrades".

"Avatar now supports weapons and designators including the ability to fire and aim guns".

This in a "not for entertainment use", flight simulator?

Glad I am not an add on developer!

Any body who can help? MCE is working perfectly for me and I do not have most of the problems listed above. The problem I have is with the Co-pilot responding to things that I have not said even with the microphone turned off. The most common is "I have adjusted the lighting" followed by Zooming in and out randomly. Then he keeps saying "Who  cares?" all this with me absolutely quiet. As mentioned with real instructions for both co-pilot, ramp agent and ground mechanic there are no problems. (P3D V3)

Can someone please help?

Seetella Makhetha

Any body who can help? MCE is working perfectly for me and I do not have most of the problems listed above. The problem I have is with the Co-pilot responding to things that I have not said even with the microphone turned off. The most common is "I have adjusted the lighting" followed by Zooming in and out randomly. Then he keeps saying "Who  cares?" all this with me absolutely quiet. As mentioned with real instructions for both co-pilot, ramp agent and ground mechanic there are no problems. (P3D V3)

Can someone please help?

Possibly a case of either over-sensitive microphone gain, or ambient noise conditions too different from the ones you trained your speech profile under.

Do you have all MCE features enabled or have disabled most of them?

Is FO audio out on headset or through speakers?

USB or conventional headset? If USB, where is it connected to? (front or rear USB, via hub or directly to PC)?

Case of either over sensitive microphone ---  Could be. Just that it happens sometimes even with the microphone switched off. One definite ambient sounds are the aircraft engine and airport noises.

Almost MCE features are enabled. (definitely all the default features)

FO audio is through the speakers. Connected to rear output of Realtek HD audio card

Conventional headset. Plugged to front input of the RealteK HD. ATC is through the Headset from front Audio (the front audio and back audio are split in the Sound card setup).

Any Ideas?

Seetella Makhetha

Seetella Makhetha