Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

GSX/AES not working..then please report it here

Good morning:  The aircraft I was using last evening was my PMDG737-800 NGX,  Delta Airlines livery. Appreciate any suggestions, meanwhile I will keep trying.  Thanks.

Steve Sumner

First of all, i'm gad to see AVSIM back up and running.  Secondly, this seems to be addressed already.  Just want confirmation, that if I want to run AES, I have to change the MCE.ini.  GSX is controlling ground services now. Thanks for all help.   S. Sumner

Agree, all of us have been missing the Avsim forums.

By default MCE will always try to kick-start GSX.

To use AES, go to <General> tab of the UI, and click <More options> button.

Enable option <Use AES> and restart MCE.

Very few items require a trip to "mce.ini" now. Mostly undocumented options.

First of all, i'm gad to see AVSIM back up and running.  Secondly, this seems to be addressed already.  Just want confirmation, that if I want to run AES, I have to change the MCE.ini.  GSX is controlling ground services now. Thanks for all help.   S. Sumner

Steve Sumner

Hello,

GSX interface is working well except when it ask to choose a pushback direction left/right.

I see the GSX direction choice dialog opened and closed by MCE, but GSX pushback sequence does not start.

If I start GSX pushback manually (Ctrl+F12...) then the pushback starts and everything is going well: after end of pushback I can request ground to disconnect and so on.

I'm using last MCE version 2.5.994 and test is done with Majestic Q400 at Aerosoft Heathrow airport.

Thanks for your support.

Roland

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hi, excuse my english.

I have a problem with CS 707 and GSX. When i call gsx for pushback the process started, then the copilot says "We need starting engines" and the pushback is cancelled, but if i start engines GSX won't start pushback because engines are running......I do not know what to do......

TIA.....

Hi

I have the latest version of MCE and use fsx and GSX. I also changed the ini file to GSX instead of native and no luck. The ground crew verbally responds but no action from GSX . I still have to press CTRL shift F12.

any advise would be appreciated

thx Lee

Have you established contact 1st?

Like "ground/mechanic from cockpit/flightdeck"

After this (s)he will respond.

Then you can say something like "ground request boarding or mechanic request pb (to left/right/straight)"

Regards

John Cramer

Yes. I request boarding and he responds to start boarding and gsx doesn't. I end up having to manually start gsx and pick boarding from menue

Yes. I request boarding and he responds to start boarding and gsx doesn't. I end up having to manually start gsx and pick boarding from menue

MCE will usually kick start GSX at the beginning of the flight. You should hear the ramp manager introduce him/her self and see the GSX menu right at the start. ( Make sure you are using the latest version of MCE)

Boarding can then be requested, or re-fuelling or catering.

If you want to use AES, just use the MCE on screen menu from the GUI. "Options" and select use AES. But GSX should run right away.

The only issue I have is with the GSX push back. But since I use many different push back configurations ( Engines running/not running/one engine/...etc.) I always use the GSX on screen menu to push back.

My "Start and Push Mini Tutorial with MCE and GSX PMDG J41" video has a few hints ^_^

Regards

David

Hi 

I just installed the latest MCE version and still no luck with GSX  popping up automatically. What changes in the ini file need to be made. The new ini file looks different in this version. As I said before, If I manually open GSX, and then call for ground service, the GSX selection is made and things work fine. Just would like to have things automated

THX Lee

Hi all,

I have installed MCE with GSX and able to call Simon with no issues.

the problem I have though is that when I ask for catering service and even boarding the crew open doors on left or right which dont align with the catering truck on the right and the jetway on the left.

How can I ensure the crew only open the doors that the jetway or the stairs connect to and on the right side the catering trucks align to.

I checked the documentation, couldnt find any referene on how to achieve this.... apologies if its already there and I overlooked it, will play the newbie card here ...

Thanks

Hari

Hi all,

the problem I have though is that when I ask for catering service and even boarding the crew open doors on left or right which dont align with the catering truck on the right and the jetway on the left.

How can I ensure the crew only open the doors that the jetway or the stairs connect to and on the right side the catering trucks align to.

I checked the documentation, couldnt find any referene on how to achieve this.... apologies if its already there and I overlooked it, will play the newbie card here ...

Thanks

Hari

Sorry, I should have added I am using PMDG 777-300ER.

I will also be using PMDG 747 with MCE.

Thanks again

Hari

Hi all,

Thanks

Hari

Sorry, I should have added I am using PMDG 777-300ER.

I will also be using PMDG 747 with MCE.

Thanks again

Hari

Have you made any customizations to GSX? If yes, which mods??

Hi Gerald,

I have not made any customisations to GSX other than changed the activation combination to call up GSX menu, have changed that to CTRL + F12

Apart from that one change, nothing is changed, and even on PMDG its all per default.

Hi

I have never used the MCE with GSX before, but its seem such awaste not to, but I cant get it to work, I have completed the above in the mce.in file

and have the latest version.

Any step by step help would be amazing, to see where im going wrong

Thanks

Guys I had been using the flows created by Dave Herky available in the Avsim library. He integrated GSX to the MCE modules and it works beautifully. I will put together a flow document to go with it for anyone interested and they should be able to be adapted to the 777 or any other aircraft quite easily.