Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Internal external spot mode engine sound question

Hello Folks

I have downloaded on recommendation the only free 787 trent 1000 engine sounds (actually for fs98) but works fine in 04 .These sounds are fine ,but for one thing in spot mode they are far to quiet. If i turn up the volume ,they then become far to loud in the cabin.

In sound packages are the engine sounds for the cabin and spot mode usually separate files ,if they are then I could edit the external one using FSRecorder to increase its volume.

This is file I am using.....

FS98 Sound--Boeing 787 [ Download | View ]

Name: 787sound.zip

Size: 6,577,635 Date: 10-01-2008 Downloads: 854

787sound.gif

FS98 Sound--Boeing 787. Sound files for FS98 Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner (B7878SU.ZIP) by Stephan Scholz and Udo Entenmann. Includes a three step sound of the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 with a great turbofan sound at take off power and a nice gear sound with a voice of a charming female co-pilot. Also usable for General Electric GEnx engines. By Andre Lederer.

Thanks

Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

No one remembers how FS98 sound files work.

Well ok

They seem to work the same way as sound files for 2002 -04 x

In fact the download described the file as suitable for all these sims.(as well as 98)

No problem working ,just want to increase the engine sound in spot mode ,If! i can establish that the spot mode and 2d panel mode engine sounds are separate files ,and I can identify which is which ,It should be easy to increase the volume of spot mode file using FSRecorder .If the engine sound is the same file for both external and panel ,then there is nothing I can do.

cheers Andy

Designers usually use an 'X in the filenames of external sounds. Also, in the sound.cfg internal sounds are denoted 'viewpoint 1', external as 'viewpoint 2'. Hope this helps

Regards,

Mark

No joy in this post either.

Are my queries so hard they are taxiing the collective intellects of the FS community?

No one remembers how FS98 sound files work.

By the way, I hadn't seen the thread until last night. I'm just saying.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

By the way, I hadn't seen the thread until last night. I'm just saying.

No worries !

I had a fiddle about with various individual sound files(using XP sound recorder),and also experimented (guesswork) with some of the sound folder CFG entries , I did not achieve any acceptable results doing either ,so I will leave the sound as it is for the moment .Perhaps in time more freeware 787 sounds will become available.

cheers to all .

Andy