Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition. PC

Now this is definitely a game. Programmed by project "Aces" (talk about coincidences)

Just released on Steam for PC. Might be worth a look for some pure adrenaline, some high-end visuals, and some "splosians" worthy of Micheal bay. Don't sign on expecting Xplane10 with better graphics though! :P

Warning: Some language.

Marketing blurbs ahead!

Exclusive for PC : Improved graphics (resolution up to 1900x1200) ; online play up to 16 players and a huge bonus content pack (8 aircraft, 2 maps, 27 skins, 9 skills upgrades).

Dramatic realistic story line – Written by New York Times Best Seller and military author Jim DeFelice, players will experience an engaging war drama spanning real-world locations across the globe.

Steel carnage destruction – Incredible detail and visual reaction for every explosive attack (aircraft are shredded to pieces, enemy troops annihilated, buildings shattered, machines bleed)

Entirely new aircraft to pilot – Experience split-second maneuvering and positioning, pinpoint targeting, hovering attacks and other gameplay diversity through the introduction of the Attack Helicopter, Door Gunner and more

Revolutionary Close-range Assault system – Delivering high-speed acrobatics, dizzying one-on-one encounters, satisfying visceral low-attitude and high-flying death from above

ACE COMBAT™ online reinvented – Take to the skies and engage hostile forces in a variety of modes including Capital Conquest (challenge opposing teams and fight to protect or take control of famous capitals around the world)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

If it's anything like the XBOX title I'll pass. Older Ace Combat versions are much better. Curious to hear what others think about the PC version.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

If it's anything like the XBOX title I'll pass. Older Ace Combat versions are much better. Curious to hear what others think about the PC version.

People seem very enthusiastic so far. The reviews are good, and most comments on various forums are of the "I want it" variety.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Heard of this, never played em. Sure look good though.

The destruction model looks pretty impressive. What's the general setup? From reading, perhaps like a COD with planes. Or something like Tom Clancy's Hawks? Linear missions in a defined area. At least in those fast cut scenes, the city detail looks nice though.

By the way, nice seeing some devs at least enhancing the ports for the PC. The console textures aren't that pleasing in 2013 at times.

The destruction model looks pretty impressive. What's the general setup? From reading, perhaps like a COD with planes. Or something like Tom Clancy's Hawks? Linear missions in a defined area. At least in those fast cut scenes, the city detail looks nice though.

By the way, nice seeing some devs at least enhancing the ports for the PC. The console textures aren't that pleasing in 2013 at times.

Think of Hawk with internal cinematics and better general graphics, handling and production values.

Mision 5

Devons rig

Can you fly exclusively from inside the cockpit without the snap to view when targeting enemy planes. I'll check it out if one can operate aircraft realistically within reason. Hopefully takeoff and landings are included options as well.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I had it for xbox...the graphics were awesome! just like the videos. And the cities look so real: Dubai, Miami, etc.

I have the XBOX title, so I can give you guys a bit of idea.

The flight modeling could be worse. It really could, but if you try to use some elevator in a tight turn, the plane will start pulling up and cease the turn. Stalling is kind of weird, at least their are different speeds for different planes, but I stalled at something like 145 knots in the Rafale. Maybe thats realistic, but in my experiences in the VRS Superbug (I know, different airplane), 145 was a safe approach speed, not a dangerous stalling situation. Takeoff speed in many different airplanes was always 180-200, which seems completely inaccurate. Landing just feels wrong.

Those are my gripes with it, the scenery is very good, self-shading is always a good touch, I always fly from cockpit view, but the external models are quite nice, and the damage model should speak for itself in all those videos. Maybe the PC version will differ, though.

I have the XBOX title, so I can give you guys a bit of idea.

The flight modeling could be worse. It really could, but if you try to use some elevator in a tight turn, the plane will start pulling up and cease the turn. Stalling is kind of weird, at least their are different speeds for different planes, but I stalled at something like 145 knots in the Rafale. Maybe thats realistic, but in my experiences in the VRS Superbug (I know, different airplane), 145 was a safe approach speed, not a dangerous stalling situation. Takeoff speed in many different airplanes was always 180-200, which seems completely inaccurate. Landing just feels wrong.

Those are my gripes with it, the scenery is very good, self-shading is always a good touch, I always fly from cockpit view, but the external models are quite nice, and the damage model should speak for itself in all those videos. Maybe the PC version will differ, though.

I think one of the problems this game might have, especially here, is that some will keep expecting a flight sim in the traditional sense whereas it might be best to think of this more as of an action experience akin to Wing Commander or the upcoming Star Citizen.

As always, I can't help but imagine a so called "real" sim with this level of visual verisimilitude and just drool......... :P

Devons rig