Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

MegaSceneryEarth-Michigan/Photoreal Scnery in general

Actually, I heard that Salt Lake was close to release then Orlando or Tampa.

Another Tampa? Seems like there are tons of airports (and other things) that could be done.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Another Tampa? Seems like there are tons of airports (and other things) that could be done.

It would probably be Tampa/St. Pete and 3 or 4 smaller airports.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Once again thank you all for the replies. It would be great if those who own it could post a screenshot or two showcasing the scenery. It would be great to see something other than the promotional shots.

Just installed Michigan last night, and I have to say it was really cool to fly over my house and there it is in full detail

Question: Is there logic to the naming convention of the files and the area. Reason I ask is, I appear to have missed the installation of a strip of land in the middle of the state. Of course I have no idea which zipped set of files I missed. I really don't want to have to go through and install them all again. (The missing area covers Mt.Pleasant easward through Saginaw and out to Lake Huron)

I agree, the view is beautiful from above, but on the field it looks terrible not having trees, especially in northern Michigan where the airfields are bordered by dense woods.

Question 2: I was going to see if I could use ADE and add woods to the perimeter of the airports? I am not sure that is even possible, but would like feedback before I even try.

The file naming convention is A, B, C, starting in the upper left corner and going South or down, and 1, 2, 3 from the upper Left to the Upper Right. Some will start at say C02, C03, C04 if the shape is a little irregular.

You can look at the installed files and sort them alphabetically and you can see if a section is missing.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Question 2: I was going to see if I could use ADE and add woods to the perimeter of the airports? I am not sure that is even possible, but would like feedback before I even try.

Yes, this is definitely possible. You can use the FSX SDK itself and/or SbuilderX and annotate the scenery. I've done it myself for some airports. You don't even need to find their exact file or bgl that is for the particular area as it doesn't need to be tied to their files.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

The file naming convention is A, B, C, starting in the upper left corner and going South or down, and 1, 2, 3 from the upper Left to the Upper Right. Some will start at say C02, C03, C04 if the shape is a little irregular.

You can look at the installed files and sort them alphabetically and you can see if a section is missing.

Ray

Thank you Ray. Using that convention, I can clealy see I am missing some M and N's. Now I just need to figure out which of the 31 files I need to re-download ;) My guess somewhere around 15

Once again thank you all for the replies. It would be great if those who own it could post a screenshot or two showcasing the scenery. It would be great to see something other than the promotional shots.

I'd be curious to see some shots too. And examples of how when low or at an airport the immersion is lost.

I'd be curious to see some shots too. And examples of how when low or at an airport the immersion is lost.

I'll post some shots later today (US Time). I took the plunge and bought it yesterday and spent all day downloading/extracting. As soon as I get everything installed I will take some shots with a good variety of altitudes/locations.