Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Are you using DX9 or DX10?

I've tried all the DX10 fixes and tweaks, but then, in the end, the performance in DX9 is no worse, and, if anything, more consistent. So I'm staying with DX9.

Same.

DX9 and DX10 work fine on my current build but I'm using DX9 currently because the AA seems to work better. The water shader fix for DX10 is nice but I'm still preferring Bojotes DX9 shader 3 water fix. Also I'm working on a new DX11 dll that (if I can get it to work) will translate FSX DX9 / DX10 calls to the DX11 API. My thought is that there could be a performance gain to using the DX11 engine over DX9 / DX10 but any new features would not be supported of course. Cheers jja

Most likely to see marginal performance gains, but you should see improved shading/shadow quality.

This really depends on the system it's installed on. For fsx, no two systems are the same.

Kind of like snowflakes. Except snowflakes won't cost you $50 a month in Advil trying to sort oom issues, CTDs, incompatible addons...I think I already need an Advil.

I ran dx9 for the longest time until last week. I flew a real time flight from Boston to London.

On final I had a sound issue so I went into the sound options.

Fsx freezes trying to load the menu. Couldnt file my pirep for my VA and 8 hours wasted.

That was the last straw. I went to the dx10 forum, read the FAQ sticky thread, applied the 3.2.1 patch as tested it all out.

My performance is roughly the same frame wise...BUT I don't get crashes, I can use bloom without a performance hit, and I can alt tab out without spending 10 min trying to get back into fsx.

So I mainly did it for stability. Another plus is that sweetfx works in dx10.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

DX10, it's like having a new sim!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I fly with DX9--the reason being that I only use SP1 with FSX. SP2 has issues when used with photoreal scenery--namely airport buildings will pop in and out of display and/or buildings in detailed cities will do the same thing. The reason that happens is due to lack of autogen. When autogen is displayed in SP2, this issue does not happen.

Regards,

John

You folks should seriously consider giving DX10 another try with the Shader Release V3.2.2. I turned of Building Shadows but that issue is present in both DX9 and DX10, but so far DX10 has been a BIG improvement.

My Add-Ons:

REX

GEX

GSX

MSE v1 and v2 scenery

Airport 360

PMDG NGX

Airbus X Extended

FSDT KLAX, KLAS

AccuFeel

FSUIPC4

No issues so far.

Thanks for all of your replies. Looks like the tally is 17 folks using DX9 and 6 using DX10.

I know this isn't a scientific poll, but it certainly has been interesting.

Happy Flying!

Make that 7 using DX10. Although I go back to DX9 to compare things.

DX10 for day flights, DX9 for Fly tampa and any night flights. That is until Steve releases the next patch which will mean DX10 full time.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I recently switched to DX10 and didn't have much luck so now I'm back enjoying DX9. I had more negatives when using DX10 than DX9. I didn't really see much difference if any, and so with that being said, I decided to go back where I can enjoy all my addons and airports.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU