Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

What is your longest flight in the NGX?

I tend to fly short routes in the 700, so my longest flight is probably only 800nm or so (my typical distance is about 300nm). Just wondering what sort of distance others are travelling in the NGX (unmodified of course)....

Especially interested in people who are flying it light & far...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I usually fly +-500nm like TPA-MSY, but my longest flight was MDW-OAK.

Boston-London. A very fun flight.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

The longest are in the 3,000 mile range -- I am about to do Tokyo to Port Morsby, PNG - That is about 3,500 miles ---It will have to depend on the winds aloft and the weather in PNG if I can go for it.

I can't remeber the routes that have been the longest so far. It has to be something like India to Hong Kong or Siberia to the UK...I can't really remember right now.

I have flown Glasgow EGPF to Manchester KMHT a number of times. 2615nm. 18 tons fuel loaded, 2 tons left. 165 pax. 6hrs 20 mins. Return is around 6 hrs, 15.5 tons burnt. Montreal, Boston and Pease are all good to fly to.

-Iain Watson-

Delivery:

KBFI - BIKF- EBBR

After doing some acceptance test flights around KBFI, and of course with a layover in BIKF.

PANC-KLAX

2084.5nm

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Typically I do CYYC-CYYZ which can take around 4 hours. The longest I've done is CYYJ-CYYZ. May try CYYC-CYHZ sometime.

I just kicked off OMDB - EGLL just for fun, but I'm having a hankering to play some Crysis 2 so I may not see this through :P

YBBN (Brisbane) - RPLL (Manila) 3200NM

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

My longest currently is 2734 nm KMHT-EGCC. 737-700 120 PAX+Bags

Longest westbound is 2498 nm EGKK-CYHZ 737-700 110 PAX+Bags

Longest -800 flight is 2297 nm NTAA-SCIP.

Another flight I want to try with the NGX is RJAA-PANC-KJFK both legs are just under 3000 nm.

Fort Lauderdale to Seattle-- about 6.5 hours. That last hour was all about concentration-- like hoping I wouldn't forget something or screw up the approach... oh that and praying to the flight sim gods that FSX wouldn't freeze or crash! :(

KDFW-PHNL...8hr flight. Headwinds at first but then got tailwinds when I got closer to Honolulu.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD